Sign in with
Your question

Low Audio!

Last response: in Components
September 4, 2010 1:16:10 AM

Hello,

I recently encountered a problem with my audio when using my headset.

The other night I was playing WOW and using ventrilo to talk to some people that I play with. Both the sound from WOW and ventrilo were going to my headset.

All of a sudden, while i was playing WOW the sound from my headset disappeared and started coming out from my desktop speakers. I couldn't hear anything in my headset. I didn't change any setting or do anything out of the ordinary.

Naturally I just restarted my computer hoping it would fix the problem but it didn't. When I restarted, I could hear the WOW game sounds perfectly through my headset but I couldn't hear anyone on Ventrilo. I had to listen to them through my desktop speakers.

Next thing I did was shut my computer down and unplug all my headset connections to the computer. I replugged everything and started my computer again.

This time around, I could hear everything normally on my headset but my ventrilo/skype sounds were very low and hard to hear someone talking to me.

It's weird because every other thing I listen to on my headset like WOW, music, youtube, etc, the sound is loud and clear but every time I get on ventrilo or skype the audio is so low.

I checked all my audio settings and all my ventrilo/skype settings and made sure everything is connected properly but it didnt fix the problem. I deleted and reinstalled ventrilo/skype but that didnt work either.

Could someone help me with this problem? I mean I can hear them through my headset but the audio is very low and it isn't what it used to be. Everything else I listen to through my headset is loud and clear.

More about : low audio

September 4, 2010 1:20:41 AM

Is their an update to drivers? Maybe you could try reinstalling the drivers for your sound.
m
l
September 4, 2010 4:49:01 AM

Where is your headset plugged into? Ur pc? If so, the front or back? Try some other headset and see if it works...
m
l
Related resources
September 4, 2010 9:00:53 AM

yo_yo2400 said:
Is their an update to drivers? Maybe you could try reinstalling the drivers for your sound.

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. I am using the sound from my mother board. Mother board is an "ASUS A8V Deluxe" could you point me in the right direction for that
m
l
September 4, 2010 9:02:05 AM

p4nz3rm4d said:
Where is your headset plugged into? Ur pc? If so, the front or back? Try some other headset and see if it works...

Headset is plugged into the back of my PC! I will try my brothers head set and let you know how that goes!
m
l
September 4, 2010 3:16:24 PM

rivals82 said:
Sorry I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. I am using the sound from my mother board. Mother board is an "ASUS A8V Deluxe" could you point me in the right direction for that

Goto the ASUS website and look see if their drivers are newer than yours or have any fixes applied,the site will indicate so..:) 
m
l
!