Sign in with
Your question

Review of Corsair 600T Graphite Case

Last response: in Components
September 4, 2010 1:21:20 AM

Final Thoughts

Overall Design & Construction is Excellent, It’s steel, but feels similar to Aluminum
Excellent Cable Management, anyone can make a cable job look nice in this case.
User Features, fan controller, option for 240 Radiator, adjusts to different length PSUs
Plenty of space, with room to accommondate larger video cards, removable HD cages layout options
Good Filtering, the entire front is filtered, with easy access for cleaning the filters.
Security, with discreet lock for the access panel.

WISH LIST

Window in Access panel version
3rd 200mm intake fan in the Access panel
Metal HD trays, instead of Plastic. fyi: Plastic releases on the optical bays are very durable.
360 Radiator option in the top panel. The space is there... just need to revise the exterior trim design
Color options, at least Silver.
Not going to complain about the $149.99 - $159.99 price tag, I think it’s very reasonable.

More about : review corsair 600t graphite case

a c 139 ) Power supply
September 4, 2010 2:02:25 AM

^5 Outstanding case review. Thanks for sharing.

The video production standards were really awesome as well.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 4, 2010 2:30:30 AM

^+1. Not bad for the price... but I would prefer they sell it for the HAF 932 price (~$130).
m
l
Related resources
September 4, 2010 2:34:27 AM

I'm one of the lucky ones that got in on the presale at Amazon before the raised the price. I got this baby coming for 143.99 shipped 2nd day air free with prime. :bounce:  :D 
m
l
a c 165 ) Power supply
September 4, 2010 4:43:02 AM

great review as always Monster Mawd, I like your addition of video graphics with reviews.

the case looks bigger then most mid size cases....but I do like the non-window sleekness of the case
m
l
September 4, 2010 11:36:06 AM

Thank you for watching the review and commenting. The price should drop over time. There has been so much intrigue in the 600T, that I wasn't surprised to see $159.99, instead of $149.99 that was stated by Corsair at Computex. Corsair proved the market would bare the $299 price tag for the 800D when it was released ..A steel chassis (alum bezel) ..and that blew away a lot of people, including myself.
m
l
September 4, 2010 1:40:49 PM

I was seriously tempted for this case, but its lack of availability meant I had to keep searching for a case that suited my needs. I came up with the silverstone ft02.

Still I like what corsair has done, and they seem to be going in the right direction with their case designs.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 4, 2010 2:38:45 PM

There were 3 things i was worried with this case; cooling, space, and plasticy feel and look. Space seems pretty ample, and if the dimensions are right, its pretty big. Next was cooling, hows the cooling on this??? Say compared to the Storm Sniper, which both seem very similar. Last is the plasticy look and feel. It just looks plasticy to me in the front, but overall a fairly nice looking case. GREAT review (nice to see a reviewer laugh and add opinions :lol:  ), but id appreciate if you answered the questions above :) 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 4, 2010 2:42:38 PM

Im also curious how it compares to cases like the PC-P50, or the B25F
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2010 6:06:54 AM

ares1214 said:
Im also curious how it compares to cases like the PC-P50, or the B25F

I like both Lian Li cases (they are both on my short list). I've read that they have great cooling, but are a bit on the noisy side. I would think that the 600T would be quieter than the Lian Li's five fans. The 600T definitely has a more roomy interior. The Lian Li's fan controller doesn't allow the LED's to be turned off. Does the 600T have the option to turn off the LED's?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2010 6:42:50 AM

Great review MM, as always. You simply do the best reviews of cases, which SHOULD be done in video format.

As for the case, I'm still a little "meh". The cooling doesn't look that great, the fans are very disappointing (~70 CFM max for fans on a nice built-in fan controller? The Antec big boy blows out ~90CFM on low and is near silent), and the price is simply too much for my tastes. Then again, I've never liked any of the Corsair cases so it is no surprise.

Hey MM, what do you think about the Fractal XL? I've always loved the Define R2/3, which you introduced me too, but I always wanted a full tower version. It really looks good, though I'm not sure about the top fan, if it works then I can deal with it. But I love Fractal's styling, they have many nice features (including Corsair-like cable management), and have a great deal of fan placement.

http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2&...

I think you need to talk to Fractal MM, they should let you review it because you are the one who brought their cases into the western mind.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2010 6:48:56 AM

scurbdog said:
I'm one of the lucky ones that got in on the presale at Amazon before the raised the price. I got this baby coming for 143.99 shipped 2nd day air free with prime. :bounce:  :D 

I considered the same thing, but decided to wait on some reviews of the final product.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2010 11:46:38 AM

AMW1011 said:
Great review MM, as always. You simply do the best reviews of cases, which SHOULD be done in video format.

As for the case, I'm still a little "meh". The cooling doesn't look that great, the fans are very disappointing (~70 CFM max for fans on a nice built-in fan controller? The Antec big boy blows out ~90CFM on low and is near silent), and the price is simply too much for my tastes. Then again, I've never liked any of the Corsair cases so it is no surprise.

Hey MM, what do you think about the Fractal XL? I've always loved the Define R2/3, which you introduced me too, but I always wanted a full tower version. It really looks good, though I'm not sure about the top fan, if it works then I can deal with it. But I love Fractal's styling, they have many nice features (including Corsair-like cable management), and have a great deal of fan placement.

http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2&...

I think you need to talk to Fractal MM, they should let you review it because you are the one who brought their cases into the western mind.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

:o  WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME ABOUT THAT ONE BEFORE! Aside from the top fan (what is with that anyway? :heink:  Can you fit 2?) that case looks amazing!!! :love: 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2010 11:53:20 AM

Oh, and i agree about the 200mm fans. I know some 120mm fans that can put out 70 cfm! Silverstones 180mm can put out 80-130 cfm and still stay quieter! Those 200mm fans also look cheap :pfff: 
m
l
September 5, 2010 1:50:05 PM

If you're interested in the 600T, my advice is to see it in person before buying... I understand thats not an option for everyone, but perhaps you have a Circuit City, Frys, or Micro Center near you....Just ask if/when it will be available.

@ares1214, it's impossible to anticipate every type of question when doing a review. I look back at it, and could have done some things differently and added more data, shots of things, but I simply don't have the time. I just try to present the facts first, then add my own opinions. It's ultimately your own choice. Yes, the 200mm fans in the 600T could be better. Comparing the 600T to anything from Lian Li & Silverstone is a mute point. They're on a entirely different scale of craftsmanship. I also knew CM Sniper comparisons would surface. I dismantled and modified this Sniper, It is cheaper quality molded plastic. The internal HD trays and tool-less latches in the Sniper are more susceptible to breaking. Top fan control is flimsy compared to 600T. The Sniper's MB tray is smaller, lacks cable the big holes. It does have perforated side panel and space for tucking wires, but only because of it's bulges. Sniper is cheaper than 600T if you shop around, $40 - $50 less... You either love or hate it's industrial style exterior... I do think the 600T's minimalistic exterior will have more longevity for most people's tastes.

@maflynn, The FT02 is brilliant, but again, we're talking an entirely different market level.

@AMW1011, I do talk to Hannes at Fractal on/off. I hope to have him on as a future guest on TheModBrothers Podcasts. You can also find these Podcasts on iTunes

Here are the 3 issues I have with Fractal's R2 and can predict with XL

1. Poor ventilation for Airflow in the front. This desperately needs to be improved!!
2. Better factory fans.
3. Still no supplier in United States. I'm sorry but Canadian based NCIX is not what I consider "U.S. Supplier" We are paying premium shipping rates by ordering from NCIX! :pfff: 

Fractal is much like NZXT, and Corsair... in that they actually listen to YOU, their consumer. So I have faith theyre working to improve upon these things with later versions.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2010 2:24:43 PM

Quote:
@ares1214, it's impossible to anticipate every type of question when doing a review. I look back at it, and could have done some things differently and added more data, shots of things, but I simply don't have the time. I just try to present the facts first, then add my own opinions. It's ultimately your own choice. Yes, the 200mm fans in the 600T could be better. Comparing the 600T to anything from Lian Li & Silverstone is a mute point. They're on a entirely different scale of craftsmanship. I also knew CM Sniper comparisons would surface. I dismantled and modified this Sniper, It is cheaper quality molded plastic. The internal HD trays and tool-less latches in the Sniper are more susceptible to breaking. Top fan control is flimsy compared to 600T. The Sniper's MB tray is smaller, lacks cable the big holes. It does have perforated side panel and space for tucking wires, but only because of it's bulges. Sniper is cheaper than 600T if you shop around, $40 - $50 less... You either love or hate it's industrial style exterior... I do think the 600T's minimalistic exterior will have more longevity for most people's tastes.

Dont get me wrong, i thought it was a great review. I was just wondering how you thought the cooling is, as that looks like one of its weaker points.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2010 6:45:18 PM

MonsterMawd said:

@AMW1011, I do talk to Hannes at Fractal on/off. I hope to have him on as a future guest on TheModBrothers Podcasts. You can also find these Podcasts on iTunes

1. Poor ventilation for Airflow in the front. This desperately needs to be improved!!
2. Better factory fans.
3. Still no supplier in United States. I'm sorry but Canadian based NCIX is not what I consider "U.S. Supplier" We are paying premium shipping rates by ordering from NCIX! :pfff: 

Fractal is much like NZXT, and Corsair... in that they actually listen to YOU, their consumer. So I have faith theyre working to improve upon these things with later versions.

Yeah I largely agree. I've read that the ventilation for the front won't be too bad if you remove the doors and put in some high static pressure fans in the front, same as the PC-A71F and Antec Pxxx series but I have no first hand opinions.

The fans, I simply despise, but they aren't for my uses. I don't want a fan that has less than 70 CFM, so I'm obviously not a "silent" PC person. For silence, I suppose the fans could be pretty be good if that is what your going for. They sure look good with the case.

Well its only a $10 markup on shipping, a similar case costs $20 to ship from the newegg unless it is on special, and NCIX only charges $30-$35 which isn't bad.

Edit: S&^t, I just realized that I live in the north, so the shipping might be pretty bad for other people.
m
l
September 6, 2010 2:36:57 PM

@ares1214, The 200mm fans should have better CFM rating. Esp if somebody installs single or triple SLI....and I'm surprised Corsair didn't take into account the Sniper's "Marketed" higher CFM ratings, to response to those who would be comparing the two cases. I say "Marketed" because I personally don't believe the specs Cooler master has claimed to be real. None the less, Corsair should have took that into consideration.

@AMW1011, Fractal never predicted that their cases would appeal to a much broader range of Users, outside of Silent PCs. It's a rare opportunity to be given so much publicity like this from the enthusiast community. "You've been give the ball, are you gonna run or pass it for a touch down? or drop to the ground under pressure?" If they want to be successful in the main stream market, which every manufacturer does, they need to take advantage of this attention now, by either revising their design for better cooling or broaden their selection with additional cases aimed at Gamers & Water coolers. The main stream consumer has no desire to modify their case.

As for NCIX, I would simply rather see a U.S. based retailer earn the revenue.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 6, 2010 2:41:32 PM

MonsterMawd said:
@ares1214, The 200mm fans should have better CFM rating. Esp if somebody installs single or triple SLI....and I'm surprised Corsair didn't take into account the Sniper's "Marketed" higher CFM ratings, to response to those who would be comparing the two cases. I say "Marketed" because I personally don't believe the specs Cooler master has claimed to be real. None the less, Corsair should have took that into consideration.

@AMW1011, Fractal never predicted that their cases would appeal to a much broader range of Users, outside of Silent PCs. It's a rare opportunity to be given so much publicity like this from the enthusiast community. "You've been give the ball, are you gonna run or pass it for a touch down? or drop to the ground under pressure?" If they want to be successful in the main stream market, which every manufacturer does, they need to take advantage of this attention now, by either revising their design for better cooling or broaden their selection with additional cases aimed at Gamers & Water coolers. The main stream consumer has no desire to modify their case.

Yeah, when cooler master is rating their 120mm red LED fans at 90 CFM and 19 dB and their blue LED fan, exact same thing, at 69 CFM and 19 dB, both at 2000 rpm, well then i doubt coolermaster too :lol:  Generally, only good companies like Ace, Scythe, few others quote it right, and i only occasionally believe the other companies when the incorporate some new design gimmick, as then it might actually have an advantage over traditional fans. Like those AP181 fans from silverstone, with the spiral grill, those actually do work, kinda like rifling a gun.
m
l
a c 165 ) Power supply
September 6, 2010 4:30:11 PM

ares1214 said:
Generally, only good companies like Ace, Scythe, few others quote it right, an

the next company that display an accurate DB and CFM rating will be the first. I think all those companies take their measurements in a broken wind tunnel.

company tester #1 "it's so loud in hear I can't even hear the fan we are suppose to test"
company tester #2 "then just say it runs silent on the package"
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 6, 2010 5:06:25 PM

ct1615 said:
the next company that display an accurate DB and CFM rating will be the first. I think all those companies take their measurements in a broken wind tunnel.

company tester #1 "it's so loud in hear I can't even hear the fan we are suppose to test"
company tester #2 "then just say it runs silent on the package"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Yeah! I already know that Cooler Master and most companies list maximum CFM with lowest dB. Like whats the use in knowing sure, at 5000 rpm it pushes 90 CFM and then list the dB at 1000 rmp? Thats why i also appreciate companies who put the rpm, and the corresponding cfm and dB, like Antec. Although im sure even they exagerated. NZXT and Yate Loon are 2 other companies who are fairly honest. One would think Yates would be, but most people expect NZXT to be cheap and fake. They actually make very good cases and fans, just bought one for a build. While they may not have the best quoted cfm/dB ratio, or even in real life, atleast they dont lie. I dont expect a standard 120mm to get much away from 25 dB and 50 CFM, which is exactly what the 120's are rated for, and they feel right. Id rather be told the truth about a decent product than lied to about a "super" product.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 6, 2010 6:08:46 PM

meh. very good review but the case is too "rounded" for my tastes. i like masive boxy beasts :0
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 6, 2010 6:45:01 PM

MonsterMawd said:

You have some very good points, and i have good news:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2010/06/16/fract...

Quote:
This brings us to the other side of Fractal's range. All the cases so far are in the "Define" range, but Fractal is also releasing a set of "Arc" cases. These shift from prioritising silence and clean lines to cooling through higher airflow and a few more grills. Expect the Define R2 to launch as soon as July, with the Arc XL closer to October/November.

The Fractal guys were insistent that the company wouldn't step away too much from its core design roots - for example the Arc XL will have two 180mm fans in the roof, as opposed to just one in the Define XL.

So they are doing just that. Also by keeping the anemic stock fans and adding three other anemic fans and you get Antec 900w/ fans on high performance?
http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/01/25/fractal-design-...

Well, apparently. Seems pretty damn good to me. But then again you need to buy extra fans and since newegg doesn't sell any decent cheap fans, basically Yate Loons, it will increase the price when Newegg finally gets Fractal products.

This is great news for me because I love the design, which they call a "Scandinavian" design, and the thought of 2 180mm top fans is nice. :D 
m
l
September 7, 2010 1:52:48 PM

Anemic is a good description...and I hope Newegg stocks and retails Fractal's products.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 7, 2010 10:07:17 PM

MonsterMawd said:
If you're interested in the 600T, my advice is to see it in person before buying... I understand thats not an option for everyone, but perhaps you have a Circuit City, Frys, or Micro Center near you....Just ask if/when it will be available.

@maflynn, The FT02 is brilliant, but again, we're talking an entirely different market level.

2. Better factory fans.

Does the 600T have the option to turn off the LED's?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 7, 2010 11:51:49 PM

I think it has a knob like the CM Sniper. Turns for speed, pushes in for LED's. Right MM?
m
l
September 8, 2010 12:04:12 AM

I didn't notice any On/Off switch for the LEDs, but will check to confirm it tomorrow afternoon, when I return to the workshop.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 8, 2010 12:15:51 AM

Forget what i said, its just a knob for fan speed for 4 fans. I wish more cases had the fan control/led control 2 in 1 thing like the Sniper, its really quite a nice idea.
m
l
September 8, 2010 12:23:03 AM

Right, I just phoned my assistant to check the 600T's LEDs..... There is no separate On/Off switch for LEDS in the fans.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 8, 2010 1:41:06 AM

MonsterMawd said:
Right, I just phoned my assistant to check the 600T's LEDs..... There is no separate On/Off switch for LEDS in the fans.

Thanks for checking on that feature (or the lack there of).

That's too bad. My opinion of the case just dropped a notch or two. I am the type that leaves the PC on much of the time. Fan LED's look cool for all of about five minutes, after that they fall into the "pain in the ass" category.
m
l
September 8, 2010 11:13:08 AM

I agree, the switch would have been a nice feature.
m
l
September 8, 2010 11:16:08 AM

Any one else saw an add for this in Maximum pc?

( I'd miss that side window )
m
l
September 8, 2010 8:35:38 PM

I caught it in CPU Magazine..

As I stated in the video, I'm customizing the 600T. Here is the conceptual drawing. I would describe the theme I'm creating as "Sci-Fi or Futuristic Military Equipment Cargo Carton" that has seen some action in the field. No bullet holes on this one tho, I want to create the illusion of it being indestructible. The drawings are only Conceptual. The final piece will be slightly different and much more detailed. A large portion of the construction will involve cnc milling PVC sheets.

Screen shots of the left custom side panel drawing in progress... The vents above the window are 1/4" wide. Smaller opening to right will be access doorway to HD bays.

m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 8, 2010 8:44:10 PM

Oh dear, I'm not sure I can handle another one of your logs so soon!

Oh what the hell bring it on.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 8, 2010 10:32:18 PM

Ahhhh this should be sweet :sol: 
m
l
September 10, 2010 12:42:26 AM

Glad you guys like it so far, this one should be FUN :D 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 10, 2010 2:32:42 AM

+1 for the cages. And i didnt know there was gonna be a 912!!! Looks nice! :D  And then i see the off gray ugly interior.... :pfff: 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 10, 2010 4:24:14 AM

^ Easy fix with a $8 can of automotive spray paint. ;)  But yeah, I'd prefer a full black interior.
m
l
September 10, 2010 8:16:55 AM

Just Close Your Eyes & buy

Cooler Master RC-942-KKN1 HAF X Black Full Tower+
Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 1200W Power Supply = $200+$290=$490
If you have the budget
m
l
September 10, 2010 1:24:08 PM

@Shadow, quite a few reviews of the 912 up on YouTube already... I would mod one someday tho! and I heard $59.99 for the 912.... They're gonna sell like mad at that price

I marked off the window location for the 600T's panel.

m
l
September 12, 2010 10:08:13 AM

terry4536 said:
Looks like a smiley face talking out of the side of it's mouth. :D 

LOL! good one :D 
m
l
September 17, 2010 4:17:14 PM

Countersunk holes for 10/32 socket head screws, in the channel around the border and attaching window. 1/2" thick sheet of PVC should be arriving today.

m
l
September 20, 2010 2:33:58 PM

I won't be installing the system in the case, it's going back to Corsair after I'm finished modifying it. The new panel overlays will be milled from 1/2" thick PVC.

m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 20, 2010 6:34:00 PM

Ha, maybe corsair will learn something from you! :lol: 
m
l
a c 165 ) Power supply
September 20, 2010 6:47:40 PM

hey mawd, i saw your tweet about the HAF912...a review coming soon??
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 20, 2010 6:50:13 PM

Yeah, your reviews are good, one of the 912 would be nice. Preferably the one with the black interior :love: 
m
l
a c 165 ) Power supply
September 20, 2010 6:51:39 PM

ares1214 said:
Yeah, your reviews are good, one of the 912 would be nice. Preferably the one with the black interior :love: 

check out the modded antec 300 with a white interior and blue LED fans from two years back.

wait till the end when the lights are turned off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDFvT2nMSHQ
m
l
!