Tweaktown: Quad 5870s OCed + i7 980x OCed @ 5.8GHz (liquid nitrogen)

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/28/tweaktown-slathers-four-radeon-hd-5870s-in-liquid-nitrogen-crus/

"The PC hardware community recently discovered that quad-SLI was a huge waste of cash, so when we heard that TweakTown were stringing together four Radeon HD 5870s in a similar CrossFireX configuration, we figured they were about to throw away their time, too. Boy, were we wrong, because the hardware site never intended to seriously benchmark the rig as a viable gaming PC -- their intent was to make our jaws drop, and right now they're somewhere around our ankles. The contraption brought 3DMark03 to its knees with a soul-shattering score of 200,000 and achieved average framerates approaching a ludicrous four digits in Devil May Cry 4. How? Liquid nitrogen, of course. By attaching LN2-filled copper pots to each of the four already-powerful graphics cards and physically tacking on extra capacitors to direct the voltage, they bumped the Core i7-980X CPU clock to 5.8GHz and each GPU to 1250MHz, in what we think you'll agree is a healthy jump from 3.06 3.33GHz and 850MHz, respectively. Watch them build the mean machine after the break, and remember kids, don't try this at home."

Hot damn..why can't I get payed to do that?

It would have been cool if they had used a PIIx6 though. AMD+ATI breaking the 4Digits of FPS...great for marketing.

Nice find.

Now this one.. is a 24-core AMD Magny-Cours setup with 128GB of RAM. Apparently they're going to try a few games (comments). Should be interesting..