Hd 5770 with 6G RAM or 4G RAM

dinkle85

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
What a different between 6G RAM n 4G RAM.?

If i use 6G RAM can all my pc performance and gaming be fast then 4G RAM..?

Solution
Psycho is saying that more than 8GB doesn't make any difference for him, He may not be using his PC for the same things your using yours for.

He didn't say, upgrade to 8GB of RAM.

You will get no benefit from adding more RAM to your PC as your PC doesn't use all 4GB you have now. It would just be a waste of money.

I use my PC mostly for gaming and I only have 3GB of RAM but its still enough.

virrze

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
It's suggested that you get 4gb of ram, but 6gb of ram will also help, but not too much. 6GB is "suggested" by most people to be the most amount of ram you'll need for gaming for a while. But if I had the choice definitely get the 6gb it'll be more future proof.

dinkle85

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Ok.. i have 2 more slot free for RAM. Maybe i will upgrade to 6G by your suggestion.

If more RAM can max my performance then i will grab another RAM. Cause i use AMD Phenom, so i really curious about speed.. :)

what kind of memory is yours? ddr2 or ddr3?
If yours is ddr2 then running on dual channels (2x2GB) mode is good.
If you has ddr3 then running it with 3 sticks of RAM (i.e 3x2GB).
On games, you won't see any different, anyway 4GB is enough. :)

Psycho is saying that more than 8GB doesn't make any difference for him, He may not be using his PC for the same things your using yours for.

He didn't say, upgrade to 8GB of RAM.

You will get no benefit from adding more RAM to your PC as your PC doesn't use all 4GB you have now. It would just be a waste of money.

I use my PC mostly for gaming and I only have 3GB of RAM but its still enough.

Solution