Sign in with
Your question

Computer keep rebooting

Last response: in Components
September 4, 2010 10:34:32 AM

I have been having problems trying to connect my Canon PowerShot A550 digital camera to this tower. It seems like everytime I power the camera and connect it to my PC using USB port the computer reboots and saying something about blue screen error. I did install all of Windows Updates from Microsoft and I have installed all of the latest drivers from your site and I did update the bios also. I did call Canon and they said that Windows XP with SP2 will auto detect the drivers and install it right when you connect it to the USB port. They also said that it could be a hardware problem on my machine. But what is strange is that I can connect a USB mouse using the USB port without problems but when I connect the camera it keeps rebooting.

But what is strange is that if it is my motherboard having problems won't you not be able to use any USB devices like your mouse etc? Since my USB mouse works fine but just the camera doesn't work. I hope though it's not the motherboard that is having problem. My camera works on all other Win XP machines even my older Sony notebook that is only PIII 1.2 gHz machine works.

My desktop is a Compaq Evo D510 Convertible Minitower

More about : computer rebooting

September 4, 2010 11:41:00 AM

So you have XP SP2 or 3 installed?
m
l
September 4, 2010 12:21:01 PM

I have everything updated to the latest and I do have SP3. I did update the bios too and drivers and windows updates.
m
l
!