Video Card

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Graphics Cards
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 7, 2010 7:39:55 AM

I am looking into getting a DX 11 video card. I already do have a pretty nice video card, the 4870 1 gig Sapphire. I have always been happy with it. I want the DX 11 card now though, they have come down in price so now is the time. I am not looking to break a super speed record with this card. My 4870 runs every game I play at full spec with no lag. examples; Crysis, Bad Company 2, Modern warfare 2, WOW there are more but I will stop boring you. Any suggestions as to which card to go with next. 5830? two 5770 crossfire? I have always gotten 256 bit mem interface cards but the 5770 is 128 bit but does having 2 make up for that? Help would be appreciated. Ty,

Cammel

More about : video card

a b B Homebuilt system
July 7, 2010 7:45:53 AM

Without a budget or a monitor resolution it's hard for me to say. But from the limited information, I'd say a 5850
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
July 7, 2010 8:39:24 AM

5850 at a guess, but as cmc says, it is hard to tell without knowing your resolution.
Personally if all games run fine I wouldn't get a new one. Direct X 11 is not mainstream enough yet, by the time it is the next set of cards could be out which means either get one of them or get the 5XXX series even cheaper
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 107 U Graphics card
July 7, 2010 5:36:44 PM

Get a 5850 if you want to upgrade now. Honestly though if your current card is just fine for you, then you should stick with it for a while. DX11 isn't really a compelling enough reason to switch it out right now. Sure the extra effects are nice, but currently you don't notice a huge difference while gaming. I say you may as well just wait for ATI's Southern Isles chips due out latter this year.
m
l
July 7, 2010 5:56:55 PM

A 5770 is about on par with a 4870. I am currently running two 5770's in xfire, but wish I had just bought a 5850. It is the best bang for the buck right now. Without more info, I would recommend that.

Monitor resolution, cpu, etc will help pick the proper card.
m
l
July 7, 2010 6:26:14 PM

i hope u live in australia or something. 5850's made by a good brand are out of stock across the board for me. Newegg has about 6 models out of stock as well as amazon.com

will be getting a evga 470 instead.
m
l
!