Lost Internet Explorer

I use Firefox but sometimes I would like to use IE. The link is gone
and it is not in the list of programs. I went to add Windows components
and the box for IE is checked. I tried to download from MS web site and
I have a message saying that my copy of IE is newer. I just upgraded
from XP Home to XP Pro.

Thanks, Shorty
2 answers Last reply
More about lost internet explorer

    Check in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and see that the directory is
    intact. If so, you may just need to recreate the shortcuts. The executable
    for IE is iexplore.exe.

    Chris wrote:
    > Check in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and see that the directory is
    > intact. If so, you may just need to recreate the shortcuts. The executable
    > for IE is iexplore.exe.
    >
    > "Shorty" wrote:
    >

    >>I use Firefox but sometimes I would like to use IE. The link is gone
    >>and it is not in the list of programs. I went to add Windows components
    >>and the box for IE is checked. I tried to download from MS web site and
    >>I have a message saying that my copy of IE is newer. I just upgraded
    >>from XP Home to XP Pro.
    >>
    >>Thanks, Shorty

    The exe worked fine. Thank you.

Configuration Internet Explorer Windows XP