Lost Internet Explorer

March 17, 2005 5:27:17 PM

I use Firefox but sometimes I would like to use IE. The link is gone
and it is not in the list of programs. I went to add Windows components
and the box for IE is checked. I tried to download from MS web site and
I have a message saying that my copy of IE is newer. I just upgraded
from XP Home to XP Pro.

Thanks, Shorty

More about : lost internet explorer

March 17, 2005 5:27:18 PM

Check in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and see that the directory is
intact. If so, you may just need to recreate the shortcuts. The executable
for IE is iexplore.exe.

"Shorty" wrote:

> I use Firefox but sometimes I would like to use IE. The link is gone
> and it is not in the list of programs. I went to add Windows components
> and the box for IE is checked. I tried to download from MS web site and
> I have a message saying that my copy of IE is newer. I just upgraded
> from XP Home to XP Pro.
>
> Thanks, Shorty

March 17, 2005 7:27:04 PM

Chris wrote:
> Check in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and see that the directory is
> intact. If so, you may just need to recreate the shortcuts. The executable
> for IE is iexplore.exe.
>
> "Shorty" wrote:
>

>>I use Firefox but sometimes I would like to use IE. The link is gone
>>and it is not in the list of programs. I went to add Windows components
>>and the box for IE is checked. I tried to download from MS web site and
>>I have a message saying that my copy of IE is newer. I just upgraded
>>from XP Home to XP Pro.
>>
>>Thanks, Shorty

The exe worked fine. Thank you.
!