GIGABYTE GeForce GTS 250 1GB Performance Drop Problem

asiff6000fx

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
hi all i bougnt a GIGABYTE GeForce GTS 250 1GB vga card 1 yaer ago it worked so good and preformed well i have played so many games in it with all set to high setings and naver had a freez or low farme rate or any other preformance problem i the sre few of my games with i played recently with no problem battle feeld bad company 2,metro,massefect 2 ,command and conqer 4,sabtore etc etc

but recently i bout assain creed 2 the game worked fantastice with no sound leging or any other problems but for last few days i am experencing a strange problem in the game the in game sound is leging and its like playing a old tape recoder and i am alos having some drop in frame rates and game paly i thout it must be a game prblem and i try to insatll sabator (witch i played few month back with no problem with all setings set to high) but now i had the sme sound problem in that game too the sound is lagin and game play is gating slow down the same thing ha[pend to batle feeld bad company 2

i can clerly say that all thes games worked fine with no problem but its starnege now its making this stange preformce problem i can also claerly say thet i dint install any new application till i have that problem i feel like its a hardwear problem i unpuged the VGA card fromit PCI express slot and i also unpluged the rams and re pluged tham but still no use if ny one can undersatnd my problem and give a salution for this

i am upto date with all drivers can any one help me to fix this problem can any one explain me how this can hapen withot no reson iam so desopinted about this problem plese some one help me with this problem

thanks for all of u
my system
Processor - Intel® Core™2 Quad 2.4GHz
Memory - 4.0 GB RAM
GeForce GTS 250 1GB
windows xp

sniperotto

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
I am having the same problem, got my new case yesterday. same parts as before. video card temp went down alot, and cpu temp a little bit.

but ingame fps dropped like a stone. ill take world of warcraft as an example, before i changed case i was running at 100+ fps average with few drops in fps, now.. after i changed case, im running everything from 60 to less than 10 fps. same settings as before, everything at max.

same story with battlefield bad company 2, before i played it with everything on max no problems what so ever, now i cant play it at all, lots of fps lag.

CPU: Intel Core 2 DUO E8500 @ 3.16 ghz
GPU: Radeon HD4890 1gb gddr5
4gb ram, @ 1333mhz
MSI p45 Diamond motherboard
620W Enermax PSU

I think it has to be my ram that went bad, or maybe the video card. but i dont get any errors, temps is fine.

:S

asiff6000fx

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
thanks for the reply its looks like we both have the same problem
i simply cant understand this problem how can this happen without anything????

the majer problem is the sound damn its gating worse ind i am so desapointed:(:(:(:(:(:(

there must be some one out there who can truly understand our problem and help us i hope

sniperotto

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
i just changed my ram, to 2 sticks of Corsair XMS3 DHX ddr3 1333mhz, total 4 gb

no change in fps, i also updated my video card driver with no change.

My powersupply is brand new, so i can not understad that it is causing the problem.

Seems to be the video card. or it might be the motherboard.
Anyone else got some ideas to our problems?

Edit: my sound is fine. its only the ingame fps that dropped like a stone

asiff6000fx

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
thanks for the reply hay good news i FIXED IT i dont know how did i did it but some times it make no sens

1 i removed the VGA CArd and give a bit cleen
2 the i pluged the 2nd +12V conect to the card(it was conected to 1st +12V previusly)
3 i removed one of my 2 GB ram (prevesuly i had 4 gb of ram)
4 i unpluged the DVD rom and it sata conectors
5 i removed my network card

after all this thing the games are running smuther like prevous day no problem now i think i fixed it but i am sacred to unplug all other thisng back becus i dotn know witch one is cusing this trubble so i need some time to understand and study this problem as for its been fixed 100% thank god i love my VGA card i thout it was broken:p i hope this will help u to under stand what is the problem realy is

but as i can se claerly its not a opertaing sytemn or driver or derct x problem its some thing hardwear and dont know with one is realy cusd it i did all the abowe 5 things and my girl is working like a angel

asiff6000fx

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
hay i found what is the problem is its nothing some dust in the vga card jut give it a clean and u are good to go i pluged all other things back and i have no problem i think u must cleen the card and give it a try

4745454b

Titan
Heat can cause things to slow down so they don't burn up. If your heatsinks were clogged with dust then that could have been the problem. You should have a PCIe power plug in both connections. I'm surprised it works with only one.

As for the other guy I'm not sure. If you moved things over to a different case perhaps you forgot to plug something in? A fan or something? It could be a grounding issue, but I'm sure that would make it not work at all. Perhaps the heatsink worked itself loose?

asiff6000fx

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
thanks for the reply ya i think u are correct about my problem ther are lost of dust but u know there is only one +12V power connector in my VGA card but in my PSU i have 2 +12V rails with etch of them are 25A previously i have connected to the 1st +12V

what i did was i simply unplugged the 1st +12 V and plugged the 2nd +12 v to my VGA card my card request only one +12 V with 25A hope u understand what i did

any how now it works perfectly ok without any problem

sniperotto

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
I'm soon out of ideas here, going to try and format my hdd and re-install windows 7, see if that makes a difference.

A friend of mine is also coming with his rig in a week, so i can check everything. i fear its the video card itself thats gone bad. but its wierd.

My motherboard is indicating that everything works, (got a blue and a red light on every slot and connector on the card)
Everything works, but my ingame fps dropped like a stone and it's really unstable, 60 fps one sec and less than 10 the other.

My PCU supports crossfire configurations, so i also tried to use the other power connector for my video card without luck.

asiff6000fx

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
hmmm how is the things are going did u fixed it? hay do this one more time remove your cpu from the motherbord and re plug it and before deciding that the gpu is i the problem try to plug the gpu in a deference pc and chked it out i still don't think its a gpu problem hay are u seeing any artifacts in the screen?

asiff6000fx

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
thanks for the reply ya may be u are right we have to wait till his update

and ya i need to know something too is it ok to use the computer without the earth(ground) u know without the ground the computer has a small electric shock if u touch the screen of the monitor or back of the computer u will get a small electric shok his hapns if the computer is not earth properly is this can couse harm to computer do this thing reduce the life time of computer please let me know if u know it thanks

sniperotto

Distinguished
May 29, 2010

Well, re-install windows 7 was a fail. tried several times but it froze @ 56% (tried to leave it on at night too)
Then my friend came over with his rig.
I changed motherboard and cpu, then reinstalled win 7. and it works perfect.
Not sure if it was the cpu, or motherboard that was causing it.

Anyways, got my new motherboard, cpu and cooler yesterday, preformance is better than ever ^^

Asus Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition CPU
Corsair H50 CPU Cooler