Motherboard frozen at splash screen AND windows 7 hanging on startup

Brandt20

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Hello,
My motherboard, an ASUS M4A87TD Evo, freezes on the splash screen. To make things worse, it only does things when my USB keyboard is not plugged in. When I unplug it, the computer is somewhat responsive, but obviously I can't do anything because I don't have a keyboard to get to the BIOS! On the off chance that I can also get it to boot from my disk drive with my legit windows 7 ultimate, it still hangs. I have tried everything, I have taken out the motherboard battery, I have unplugged everything unrelated to startup, just about everything. I don't know what else to try. And the most annoying thing is that it just worked last night, perfectly fine. I made no hardware or software changes

I also have YouTube videos showing the issue. Since my computer is being a pain, I can't post links on my iPhone (what I'm using now). Search Brandt0 and motherboard freeze problems.

Brandt20

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

Yes, I have tried them all. I am currently using one stick of RAM out of my two, they are running at the right voltage, I tried resetting CMOS, I unplugged everything and plugged it back in a checked it 4 times, I didn't build the computer so most of the problems don't apply since the company obviously would make sure all the parts are compatible ( I also double checked before ordering and they indeed are). It also worked fine last night and the past 4 months when I bought it.

Brandt20

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

Yes, I have tried them all. I am currently using one stick of RAM out of my two, they are running at the right voltage, I tried resetting CMOS, I unplugged everything and plugged it back in a checked it 4 times, I didn't build the computer so most of the problems don't apply since the company obviously would make sure all the parts are compatible ( I also double checked before ordering and they indeed are). It also worked fine last night and the past 4 months when I bought it.

Brandt20

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

*UPDATE: I discovered that when I unplugged me media card reader from the motherboard, it started right up. But now I am having RAM isssues. I still had the one stick in and it boot up and ran just fine. I went to put the second stick in and the MemOK light was flashing and prevented bootup. I tried them in every single slot configuration (1 in slot 1&3, 1&2, 1&4, 2&3, and 2&4) and I still got the MemOK light. So to make sure it wasn't just the sticks of RAM and I tried them individually in the slot farthest away from the cos and it booted up just fine. Could it be a setting in BIOS? I know both sticks together worked before all this happened. And they are 2 2GB sticks, DDR3-1600G, voltage 1.55v~1.75.

Brandt20

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

Yah, me too. I checked in BIOS the voltage and it's at 1.6 and it's highlighted in yellow. This is just with the one stick in