Sign in with
Your question

Help on new build !!!

Last response: in Motherboards
April 8, 2011 1:34:13 AM

i've got a custom build computer which uses a 965 BE by AMD as the CPU , but for the longest time i've regretted not getting a six core processor .... the mother board i have is a top of the line gigabite MB so i'm simply going to pull out the 965 and stick it in another mother board ...

the problem is i don't know what kind of cheap decent mother board to get .. i want something that will cost less than 70 dollars .... i'll throw a 6870 in it and call it a day when i'm finished ..

do any of you know a good solid durable mother board that i can throw my 965 in ?

( no ,i'm not going to get an intel processor for my current good mother board , it will be the T1100 or the 1095 BE ....)

More about : build

a b V Motherboard
April 8, 2011 2:15:32 AM

There is pretty much zero benefit of a six core processor. There are plenty of drawbacks though.

Why would you pull out a 965? It's not the bargain a 955 is, but it's a very solid processor and as good as any hexacore by AMD.

What are you trying to do? To me, it sounds like a waste of money for no performance improvement. What do you use your computer for?

FYI: Intel CPUs won't fit in your current AMD motherboard.
m
l
!