Sign in with
Your question

External Buffalo Doesn't Show In My Computer

Last response: in Storage
September 4, 2012 11:21:04 AM

Hi!!! Help me? :( 

I owned a BUFFALO Portable Hard Drive HD-PZU3 (1 Terabyte).

Today I accidentally dropped my hard drive on to the floor, about 35cm off the ground.

Then I try to reconnect the hard drive, the hard drive ONLY has RED light (not blinking) on but nothing shows up on the computer screen neither at the Disk Management.
But it shows up in Device Manager.

I'm VERY WORRY now, as most of my important documents are in the hard drive.

I thought the hard drive should be shock proof 2.3 Meter off the ground D;

And I put my ear to the hard drive after connecting it to the computer, I don't hear anything spinning inside. Not even a little vibration.

Is there anyway to save it?????? >n<!!

From Stephanie.
a c 122 G Storage
September 5, 2012 5:57:00 AM

Have you tried resetting the drive? The instructions below are for a different model but may help. They came from a Buffalo support forum.

Turn the unit off with the power switch. Once the unit is fully powered down, press and hold the function button for 10 seconds.

After 10 seconds, continue to hold the function button and flip the switch to "On". Release the function button and press it again for one second.

This will reset the unit.

No data will be lost, but the admin password and IP address configuration will go back to factory defaults ("password"/DHCP).

If the problem persists, then you will need to replace the unit.
m
l
September 5, 2012 6:45:45 AM

kenrivers said:
Have you tried resetting the drive? The instructions below are for a different model but may help. They came from a Buffalo support forum.

Turn the unit off with the power switch. Once the unit is fully powered down, press and hold the function button for 10 seconds.

After 10 seconds, continue to hold the function button and flip the switch to "On". Release the function button and press it again for one second.

This will reset the unit.

No data will be lost, but the admin password and IP address configuration will go back to factory defaults ("password"/DHCP).

If the problem persists, then you will need to replace the unit.

There's no power switch or reset button on the Portable Hard Drive 0.o????
m
l
a c 122 G Storage
September 5, 2012 8:31:07 PM

You say you can see it in device manager, have you tried right clicking on it and looking at the options?
m
l
Related resources
!