Any Quggestions for a NIC card for a Notebook.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
November 1, 2004 10:56:39 AM

Hi all,
I am looking for a PCMCIA slot Card that has a spot for a wired 10/100
and has wireless capabilities as well.

Reliability is important but so is price.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
SolomonMan
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 1, 2004 5:30:19 PM

solomon_man@yahoo.com (Chris Gray) wrote:
>I am looking for a PCMCIA slot Card that has a spot for a wired 10/100
>and has wireless capabilities as well.

I don't think you are going to find wired and wireless in the same
card, do you have room for two cards, or can you use one at a time?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2004 2:15:48 PM

William P.N. Smith wrote in message news:<5l3do09coic7pd5miai7vsh7k9pihb0iej@4ax.com>...
> solomon_man@yahoo.com (Chris Gray) wrote:
> >I am looking for a PCMCIA slot Card that has a spot for a wired 10/100
> >and has wireless capabilities as well.
>
> I don't think you are going to find wired and wireless in the same
> card, do you have room for two cards, or can you use one at a time?

Thats a good idea, I never thought of that. Yes I have the space for
2. I thought that netgear made a card that would do this. GA511 I
thought was the card but after looking at their web site again it
shows a GA511T for wireless and I think a GA511 for wired.

Thanks,
SolomonMan
!