rogier

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
Several years ago I bought a HP Pavilion m9060.nl and it's now gathering dust in a corner somewhere as I replaced it with a custom build.
I'd like to give it a second life and mess around with it a bit. As it turns out when I go into the bios it is set to raid and apparently it was delivered with a standard raid 0 setup.

I.d like to change this to a different raid setup (1 or 5). however I can't figure out ow to boot into the raid controller settings. Can anyone help me out here?

The board that came with the HP is an Asus P5LP-LE (Leonite2) which was made specifically for HP / Compaq. I've searched google but can't find anywhere how to change the raid setup.

rogier

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
hey, didn't you also help me out with my raid controller question?

Well to be honest I just booted up this HP last night for the first time in over a year and looked around in the bios a bit (severely limited options). In the bios itself the hdd setup is set to raid and I did some checking on the HP website last night and the mobo specs there say that raid 0 is the standard setting but that other raid settings should be available. They of course state nowhere how this should be done.

A different vendor website mentioned something about changing raid settings through a windows xp applet?

If it really doesnt work I can always buy another Dawi raid controller and set that up. :D After that I can play a bit with freenas

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Weird. It should not have RAID with that southbridge. Maybe your board is one of those "subject to change without notice" ones, and HP cheaped-out on some and put the ICH7DH chip in to save a few bucks, but left the BIOS function unchanged.
If the SB doesn't end in "R" then it should not have RAID capability.
Well, as you know controller cards are fairly inexpensive :)

rogier

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
You know, this actually has gotten me quite interested. Tonight. I'm gonna take the pavilion apart and see if I can ind any kind of serial number or name on the mobo.

I know for a fact that there are two hdd in the machine seen as one drive, that combined with the fact the raid is enabled in the BIOS sounds a lot like raid 0 to me.

I'll keep you posted

rogier

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
Think you must be right. Can find anything else specific on the mobo.

I'm bidding on an auction for a NAS, let's see how that ends. If I don't win or the price goes up to high I'll buy the controller and some discs and make a nice project out of it.