Blue Screen Help

G

Hey all,

I've recently been getting the blue screen memory dump, and am hoping for some help tracking down the cause. I build the computer myself, but that's about the extent of my hardware knowledge.

I'm running an AMD Phenom 2 Triple Core Black Edition(2.8ghz), 4 gigs of DDR3(dual channel), Radeon HD 4850, with Windows 7 64 bit.

What is confusing me is I have never gotten the memory dump when I was actually using the computer. The only time I get it is when the computer is left idle for a long period of time. The computer will either shut down itself, or when I resume from sleep it immediate dumps the memory. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Sounds like a hibernate / sleep problems. In Sleep the computer puts whats needed into ram, computer then lowers processor speed and voltage as well as ram voltage.
It wants just enough power so the processor can see a command and the ram will retain data. I'll bet your losing data in ram.
What MoBo do you have? Is this a new build or has the problem started to occur on a older computer?