Dell Latitude D600 dock and undock

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
November 1, 2004 3:56:16 PM

I have a latitude D600 and a docking station. I am only using the
power supply, keyboard, mouse and a usb printer through the docking
station. I'm not using an external monitor, the ethernet connecton or
modem connection.

My question is:
Is there a way I can configure my laptop, so it can be docked and
undocked, reliably without shuting down or going into standby?
Sometimes it works and other times it locks up.

Thanks,
Jamie
November 2, 2004 2:22:50 PM

On 1 Nov 2004 12:56:16 -0800, jamieledwell@yahoo.com (Jamie) wrote:

>I have a latitude D600 and a docking station....

Hi Jamie

Suggest you trawl the Lattitude section here:

http://delltalk.us.dell.com/

I looked there for another problem the other day and recall seeing quite a bit
of discussion on this topic.

FWIW I downloaded and installed the infinst_enu.exe file from here:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc....

This seems to have solved quite a few USB related problems and made my D600 more
responsive. I do not have a docking station.

HTH - Andy
!