monitor showing 'scan out of range'

Have a PBell P4 pc and did a clean installation on a new hd with a retail xp
home cd using the cd key supplied with the pc. The pc has the ati radeon
32MB TV-Out vedio/graphic card(?).
I do not have the cd for all he soft ware as it comes pre-install and there
is a recovery partition which is corrupted.Hence for a fresh installation on
a new hd.
After the installation, the pc says it detected a possible display driver
problem as the monitor show the picture very 'un' forcus. So i downlaoded the
various drivesrs given by PB, and update the display adaptor in the DM.
Before I update the driver on the display adaptor, it say something like ""
ATI......(microsoft) "" which I peresume it trying to say, its using the MS
driver.
After I update the driver with my downloaded (wxp-2k catalst
8-09-041224M-02.COM"

the monitor shows 'scan ouit of range'. What does it means? How can I roll
back the driver and ho can I get the pc going. Pls advice, Thanks.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

While booting up the machine hit F8 to go in to Safe Mode and uninstall the
driver for the video card.

Out of range normally means that the video card is operating at a frequency
or resolution that the monitor does not support.

"wired graphic" wrote:

> Have a PBell P4 pc and did a clean installation on a new hd with a retail xp
> home cd using the cd key supplied with the pc. The pc has the ati radeon
> 32MB TV-Out vedio/graphic card(?).
> I do not have the cd for all he soft ware as it comes pre-install and there
> is a recovery partition which is corrupted.Hence for a fresh installation on
> a new hd.
> After the installation, the pc says it detected a possible display driver
> problem as the monitor show the picture very 'un' forcus. So i downlaoded the
> various drivesrs given by PB, and update the display adaptor in the DM.
> Before I update the driver on the display adaptor, it say something like ""
> ATI......(microsoft) "" which I peresume it trying to say, its using the MS
> driver.
> After I update the driver with my downloaded (wxp-2k catalst
> 8-09-041224M-02.COM"
>
> the monitor shows 'scan ouit of range'. What does it means? How can I roll
> back the driver and ho can I get the pc going. Pls advice, Thanks.

Many thanks for your eswponse. The card is working well before I install the
new hd, so how can we get the card to operate at teh frequency or resolution
that the monitor support?

prior to install the above driver, it would means that it uses the driver
that comes with the xp cd but for some reason the picture was out of focus,
then how can we make display properly? May I add trhat for some reason it
gives me an error message that the display driver may not function properly
and ask if I want to send this report to MS. Pls advice. TIA