New PC Case with removable Mobo tray like this Lian Li

hdwdlnd

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
I'm looking for a new case for a new build with a removable motherboard tray like this one:

LIAN LI PC-65B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112040

You can kind of see how it works by looking at the picture of the case on the side of the box in the last picture. You can actually remove the tray with the I/O ports and card slots. I want this design but I don't care for the overall looks of the above case. I want usb etc. available around the front top of the case and would prefer door covers for the cd drives. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks.

hdwdlnd

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
AMW,

Thanks for the reply. I did just run across that CoolerMaster yesterday. It's been added to my wishlist. I may end up going with the brushed gray version of this case.

JimmySmitty,

Thanks for the reply. I do love the accessibility of this case and it looks like excellent airflow.

A couple of things I am leaning towards for this build:

1. A simple looking case (similar to the mentioned CoolerMaster)
2. Good airflow (Better than my current Antec P-160)
3. Hardware accessibility (Like the removable motherboard tray mentioned, including I/O ports and cards)
4. Ports on the front/top of the case (Similar to both mentioned)
5. I like the aluminum structure of my P-160 (Limited amount of plastic)
6. Full tower is probably preferred (depending on the hardware I choose)
7. I would like a filtered case (Unfortunately this is rarely done successfully and probably unrealistic)

Maybe I should just design my own case... :)

Thanks again for the help and suggestions. All of the cases I had in my wishlist are deactivated since traveling for work has kept me from keeping up on pc hardware.

AMW1011

Distinguished

Umm... the ATCS 840 hit all of those perfectly.

[flash=640,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/r8_1cQkYTO4?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

Also:
11.jpg

The silver is quite nice.

Apart from a Simplistic look, the Xaser VI also hits all those marke. The front has filters as do the drive bay covers.

Both cases (the ATCS and the Xaser VI) seem to be good choicees for you. The one thing I like about the Xaser though is that it has tons of room. I worked on one a bit ago, building a new system and the massive amount of room allowed me to make it nearly flawless cable management. In fact I has a few pictures from my work:

0807101515.jpg

0807101516d.jpg

HDD bays. All the cables for the HDDs go towards the back part. so they don't stick out or obstruct air flow.

Either case is a good choice it seems.