Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Vk222h Monitor help. Please!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 30, 2010 12:02:30 AM

:bounce:  So recently i got a VK222H HDMI monitor by Asus for free. When i got it home hooked it up it was amazing. But the only problem is the Brightness from the monitor menu keeps poping up for some reason. Can anyone help me? I saw on a few other websites people were having the same problem

More about : vk222h monitor

May 30, 2010 2:19:37 AM

No wonder they gave it to you for free LOL.
Score
May 30, 2010 2:45:53 AM

virrze said:
No wonder they gave it to you for free LOL.

Lol yeah i know i think i fixed it i took a knife and removed the 'Menu' button. Lol so ghetto but it worked. Now i just need to find the driver for it.
Score
Related resources
May 30, 2010 2:55:16 AM

Hey, it was free!
Score
May 30, 2010 3:25:43 AM

:)  I got it to work guys.
Score
June 1, 2010 8:09:22 PM

Whats a HDMI monitor??
Score
a b C Monitor
June 1, 2010 10:26:18 PM

evan4244 said:
Whats a HDMI monitor??

HDMI is a video connection type. It is used primarily for High Definition media (1080p). It's the new standard for Blu-Ray Disk, HDTV, etc. Many modern computer monitors have HDMI ports on them. :) 
Score
March 14, 2012 3:11:30 AM

kickenoob said:

kickenoob said:

Did the fix - removing the menu button -- work for you in the long run? I'd like to know because I just got one of these monitors on the cheap, and would be happy if I can fix it with a simple operation.

After cutting out the Menu button -- did the monitor require any downloaded drivers, etc, to run, or only to adjust settings? Thanks again.
Score
March 18, 2012 12:19:16 AM

This is a followup to my own posted question of a few days ago. I removed the "Menu" button - not just the plastic cover, but the whole works. And now the monitor works great. It's been several days now, so I have no doubt about the success of this method.

So, if you have a monitor of this value, just pry off the "Menu" button cover, then take a needlenose pliers and grasp the button inside, actually not just the button itself but the whole module that includes it, and pull hard, like you're extracting a tooth. It will come out cleanly and you'll have a fine monitor after that.

Score
!