Sign in with
Your question

Cannot boot to Windows 7 after fresh install...

Last response: in Storage
September 5, 2012 4:05:05 AM

So I just got my Samsung 830 SSD and installed Windows 7 Ultimate on it. Installed all the windows updates, video card drivers, ect... And restarted the machine. However it didn't boot back into windows. I booted back into the Windows 7 disc to attempt a startup repair and it doesn't see a windows install on the SSD (no drives found for Windows installs to be repaired). My BIOS is set to AHCI. My BIOS is version 1504, the newest version for the Sabertooth Z77 I believe.

I can still get into windows on a different drive that I have (non-SSD) and the SSD is in windows explorer and works fine.

Any idea what I need to do to get the drive to boot again? I've considered re-installing Windows and doing all the updates again, but I'm concerned I'll just have the same issue.
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
September 5, 2012 4:38:23 AM

So It can get work at first time, but after reboot the windows on SSD vanish?
what the different (or what u do) when restarting? (add HDD or change the cabels, etc)

When u installed OS on SDD, did u only connected SSD?

Connect only the SSD when u want using just single OS, (but if u want to do dual bios, it need the HDD and SSD connected)

Don't forget to set boot priority to SSD (single OS) or to HDD (if dual boot)

m
l
September 5, 2012 4:43:49 AM

Nothing is different when rebooting it just suddenly doesn't see the windows install (which is still on the drive of course, I can see it when browsing the drive from another boot drive)

When the install was done only the SSD was connected.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
September 5, 2012 7:38:40 AM

hmm strange, try reset the boot priority to the SSD...........
m
l
a b G Storage
September 5, 2012 11:57:16 AM

Did you connect your SSD to the Intel Controller?
Did you turn on AHCI?
Try to turn of the ASMedia SATA controller.
m
l
!