Critique my anti dust covers for Haf 922

thenoob700

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
I notice that dust builds up over time. Usually I would clean out the inside of the case once a month. I figured it is better to make or buy a dust cover/filter for the Haf 922 tower. This case has some extreme airflow, but lots and lots of dust gets into it.

My plan was to buy some white nylon stockings from the 99 cents store and cover every single area where there's a fan (but not the exhaust fans obviously).

Do you guys think this would heat up my computer big time? In theory, there shouldn't be THAT much restrictive airflow once this is in place, and would greatly help with dust.

There's another path.
FrozenPc sells some dust filters that are a lot thicker and better than looking than my nylon stocking idea :lol:

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g36/c223/list/p1/Fans-Fan_Filters.html?gclid=CNfW-oig76MCFRs2gwodnVFF2Q

which route should I go? Has anyone done this before?
some opinion from the community would be greatly appreciated.

thenoob700

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010

ah~ that is smart, and easier to customize than the nylon stocking. with cheesecloth, I can just tape the edges or hot glue it to the case.

another option I'm going to try is using the hepa filter pre-screen filter (the black ones).