deertroy1

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
How do you enable or disable the Jmicron controller in the BIOS of an ASUS P8P67 motherboard. I've been trying to install the Jmicron driver but I keep getting a message saying: Error! > No JMicron JMB36X SCSI adapter found!
I can't find nothing to do with JMicron in device manager but read it must be disabled in the BIOS. I can't find it in the BIOS either?

Solution
You do not need the driver. It is for the adapter.

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Well, no, if you have not plugged in the USB 3.0 adapter, then it isn't going to let you install the driver.
BUT, you should not need to. The board comes with the jmicronJMB362 controller so you should not need a separate driver, it came with your boards driver disc.

deertroy1

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
I'm sorry but I don't understand. There is no JMicron driver on the supplied driver disc. I downloaded the driver off of the ASUS web site for my particular board and operating system. The only adaptor that came with my board is a USB2.0 E-Sata adaptor.

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
It is possible that I misunderstand your need for the driver, sorry. Isn't it for the USB 3.0 ports?
If you look at the USB 3.0 box in this image, that is the adapter I believe that the error message is telling you is not found.
If that link doesn't work, just go to Newegg and search for P8P67 Deluxe and open the picture.

deertroy1

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
No, that adaptor only comes with the deluxe version. I don't know if I do need the driver. I just figured that because it was listed under my board on the ASUS web site I should have it installed.

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
You do not need the driver. It is for the adapter.

Solution