peter

What is the difference between an English OS and a non-English OS which has
all the Regional and Language Options set to English or between an English OS
which has all the Regional and Language Options set to other language (let's
say Chinese) and the Chinese OS?

Thanks.

Peter wrote:
> What is the difference between an English OS and a non-English OS
> which has all the Regional and Language Options set to English or
> between an English OS which has all the Regional and Language Options
> set to other language (let's say Chinese) and the Chinese OS?

Setting the Regional and Language options will not change the language the
OS was tailored for - many error messages and other textual items will
remain in the native tongue.

--
<- Shenan ->

Peter;
To add a little to what Shenan said, try it and see.
Change all Regional Settings etc to a different language.
Then use the computer for a time and you will see what is not changed.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar