Computer freezes at different times

larrycusson

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
Hello everyone,

Long time listener first time caller. :D

I've had an issue with my computer freezing over the last few weeks. At first it would just freeze when I had too many things going. It was one of those things I just ignored at first since a simple restart would solve the issue for a while. Today when I tried to restart the computer it froze up during start up. I rebooted again and it got a bit farther before it froze again. The third time it loaded up just fine and I am using it to type this out. When it freezes it locks everything up. The keyboard will not work at all nor will the mouse. If I have a video or music playing it locks that up too.

What piece of hardware(or software) do you think might be the solution?

Also, I posted this under the mobo section because about a month or two ago I received a brand new mobo from EVGA for a free replacement for an issue I had several months ago.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Larry

Intel Core2Duo E8400
Vista 32
4GB 2x2 Gskill Ram
EVGA 750i SLI MOBO
EVGA GTX 260 video card (only one)
OCZ 700w Power Supply

larrycusson

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
I will try that and get back to you. Also, I forgot to mention that it seems to happen most when I let it sit idle for a while. I can't believe I forgot to mention this. It's kind of important info. I was reminded while browsing other solutions and have checked all of my "sleep" settings on my computer to make sure my hard drive isn't going to sleep or something like that.

TRENDING THREADS