Best SSD for Asus P8Z68 Deluxe

qaslam

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Hello,
Can any one suggest me the best desktop SSD (128 GB) fully compatible for Asus P8Z68 Deluxe motherboard.
Thanks
QASLAM

Solution
Hello,

One of the best SSD available is the Samsung 830 series. It would work great with the P8Z68 MB.
Maximum PC magazine rates them as "the best of the best" in the SSD area.

Also, the prices of the SSD's have come down tremendously, 35-50% over the past year, and you can get an SSD for less than 1 GB per dollar.
The Samsung, for example, has dropped 47%, and on Amazon is $119 for a 128Gb drive, a $219 for a 256GB drive.

There are other very good ones available, as others may recommend. For now, I'd not consider OCZ, until they get the "stuttering" and random BSOD problems cleared up 100%.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hello,

One of the best SSD available is the Samsung 830 series. It would work great with the P8Z68 MB.
Maximum PC magazine rates them as "the best of the best" in the SSD area.

Also, the prices of the SSD's have come down tremendously, 35-50% over the past year, and you can get an SSD for less than 1 GB per dollar.
The Samsung, for example, has dropped 47%, and on Amazon is $119 for a 128Gb drive, a $219 for a 256GB drive.

There are other very good ones available, as others may recommend. For now, I'd not consider OCZ, until they get the "stuttering" and random BSOD problems cleared up 100%.

Solution

qaslam

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.Thanks once again