Solved

A few questions

I am planning to buy a new pc and heres what i have decided (the products are what i have decided. not the source. i am willing to change if something cheaper is available) :
motherboard

cpu:
(hard core amd fan :D )

graphics card :
hd 5770 130$

psu harddisk combo:

ram :

and some dvd drive for 25$

so my questions are...

1)will it be better to get a x4 955 and a corsair h50 cooler and OC it to 3.8ghz or a x4 965 and some air cooler?

2)will i need more than a hd5770 for maxing out games at 1920x1080?

3)are all the parts i have chosen compatible?

4)are the sata cables coming with the mobo 6gbps or 3 (cuz the hdd i have chosen is 6gbps)?

5)any better cooling solution than the h50(other than liquid nitrogen :kaola: )?

6)any other cheaper better ideas will be appreciated:D
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about questions
  1. Although the HD5770 is a very good card and will work fine for todays games. Not sure how it'll run against games coming out in 6 months.. but hey - that's computers right? You might have a play around to get your RAM running at full speed, but as far as I know everything should work with that motherboard.

You should have a look at what CoolIT have to offer, they have some coolers that top the H50.
  2. Best answer
    955 can be tweaked into a 965 easily in Bios, there are plenty of decent air coolers that will allow you a good OC too.

I would stretch for a 5850, at your resolution the 5770 is living on borrowed time, even now there are plenty of games that cannot be maxed with it, and when using Direct X 11 the performance hit will be too hard for it
  3. asteldian said:
    955 can be tweaked into a 965 easily in Bios, there are plenty of decent air coolers that will allow you a good OC too.

I would stretch for a 5850, at your resolution the 5770 is living on borrowed time, even now there are plenty of games that cannot be maxed with it, and when using Direct X 11 the performance hit will be too hard for it

thanks..
    i've decided to go with the hd 5850. then i found this other motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157198&cm_re=usb_3.0-_-13-157-198-_-Product
    it has almost all the features of my older one for just 89$

what is the difference perfomance wise? not considering that asrock is a value brand..

and then there is this one too..
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128438
  4. Best answer selected by cyber_tron.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Cooling Systems Product