Change Default Home Directory of All Users

Can anyone tell me how to change the default home directory for all users
both new and old from C:\Documents and Settings\%username% to a different
location such as D:\Documents and Settings\%username%. I have 2 HDD's on my
computer 1 with 250GB (C: drive), and 1 with 400GB (D: drive). I would like
to use the C: drive for just program files, updates, etc., while the D: drive
houses all the user information for my users (except for the default admin
and 2 other user created admins). I also work with several other laptop
computers in the same configuration but with smaller partitions/HDD space.
Is there anything I can do to accomplish this? I'm running WinXP Pro SP2.
4 answers Last reply
More about change default home directory users

    Please check out this article.

    Darius <Darius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me how to change the default home directory for all users
    >both new and old from C:\Documents and Settings\%username% to a different
    >location such as D:\Documents and Settings\%username%.

    See "Cannot Move or Rename the Documents and Settings Folder"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=236621).

    --
    (tm)

    This is great info, but I would like to keep (if possible) 3 accounts in
    their original location. The Default Admin Account and 2 other user created
    local admin accounts. Is this possible?

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > Darius <Darius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Can anyone tell me how to change the default home directory for all users
    > >both new and old from C:\Documents and Settings\%username% to a different
    > >location such as D:\Documents and Settings\%username%.
    >
    > See "Cannot Move or Rename the Documents and Settings Folder"
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=236621).
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    Darius <Darius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >This is great info, but I would like to keep (if possible) 3 accounts in
    >their original location. The Default Admin Account and 2 other user created
    >local admin accounts. Is this possible?

    I do not think so. Windows needs an unique place to store the user
    profile data.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Default Windows XP