G

Hello,
Is the new 890fx and 890gx chipsets working good or are they finding kinks in them and should I hold off and stick to the 790FX for now? scotty

impestilence

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Hello,
Is the new 890fx and 890gx chipsets working good or are they finding kinks in them and should I hold off and stick to the 790FX for now? scotty

the 785 and 790 chipsets are awesome, i am running the 890 on one of my units and havent had an issue yet,chip sets are not something you really have to worry about being faulty or havin issues or kinks as you said

I look at it this way, I have a 790FX motherboard and see no reason to concern myself with SATA-6 or USB-3 when there are hardly any devices out that use either standard. I'll keep my board for at least 5 more years. MSI recently added the BIOS update for the K9A2 Platinum (my board) to support the Phenom II X6. I did the update and now I'm good. With the release of the 890FX, all the 790FX mobos have dramatically dropped in price. I'd recommend only the MSI boards though because they are the only ones that have the proper arrangement to fit 4 double-wide vidcards. The MSI models I'm talking about are the K9A2 Platinum (REALLY cheap now if you can find it because it's AM2+) and the MSI 790FX-GD70 (AM3). Good luck! :sol: