Sign in with
Your question

[Solved] "Reboot and Select Proper boot device"

Last response: in Storage
September 5, 2012 8:34:19 PM

i need help i had a desktop and i replease the mobo cpu and ram but i used the same hard drives 4 wd 320gb sata i got all together whent i turn the computer a black scree come out and said reboot and select proper boot dievice i went to the bios and check the boot order and the boot order is cd first and hard drive next
i was going to install a new windows boot i have xp pro in the hard drives i dont have the cd to reinstall need help
a c 97 G Storage
September 5, 2012 9:19:57 PM

4 wd 320gb sata? it in a raid?
m
l
September 5, 2012 11:08:49 PM

No is in IDE
m
l
Related resources
a c 97 G Storage
September 6, 2012 12:30:19 AM

Did you try just connect with the OS disk?
m
l
September 6, 2012 1:38:18 AM

yes
m
l
a b G Storage
September 6, 2012 2:14:09 AM

its not that easy because all the drivers windows has installed is for the old motherboard and system

your best chance of it working is IF you can boo into safe mode and remove drivers for stuff that isn't there

but that's gonna leave you with a swiss cheese hole filled system - your best option is to get a copy of the DVD or to buy one, and do a fresh install
m
l
September 6, 2012 9:13:40 PM

dingo07 said:
its not that easy because all the drivers windows has installed is for the old motherboard and system

your best chance of it working is IF you can boo into safe mode and remove drivers for stuff that isn't there

but that's gonna leave you with a swiss cheese hole filled system - your best option is to get a copy of the DVD or to buy one, and do a fresh install

ok tks
m
l
a b G Storage
September 6, 2012 9:17:23 PM

and just put the one drive in that you are going to format. put the others in when the machine is up and running.
m
l
!