Sign in with
Your question

64gb Ridata Lightning SDXC Problem

Last response: in Storage
September 5, 2012 9:07:50 PM

Hey guys, so I'm having a bit of a problem with a card here. I have a 64gb Ritek Ridata Lightning Class 10 SDXC card, and whenever I pop it into the computer, it only shows up as having 28.1gb instead of the full 64gb. I've tried formatting it every single which way and nothing seems to help. I returned the previous card for the same issue, so now that the second card is doing it I'm thinking it must be my laptop? It's a fairly old Dell Inspiron 1520 running Windows Vista 32bit. Any ideas?
a c 79 G Storage
September 9, 2012 2:24:58 PM

Your "SDXC" card is high-capacity. They weren't available when your Dell Inspiron was manufactured so it's very likely the card reader on your Inspiron is not compatible with the "SDXC" card type.

You therefore need to buy an external USB card reader, or don't use "SDXC" cards.
Use standard "SD" cards instead as they will definitely be compatible with your Inspiron. "SDHC" cards may also be compatible with your Inspiron but it's impossible to say without trying one.

If you really must use "SDXC" cards you'll need to buy a compatible external USB card reader.
m
l
!