Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Vento TA-M1 or AKASA Freedom Xone

Last response: in Components
September 5, 2010 7:58:51 PM

I am building a pc and I can't choose between ASUS Vento TA-M1 and AKASA Freedom Xone

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product....

(500w highpower psu included)

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=6PdSauBt40w82KGC&...

(500w coolermaster psu included)

asus looks better but i heard that highpower psu is better than coolermaster and coolermaster's psu may not be real 500w.

i have to buy one of these models and i am stuck.

thanks in advance
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 6, 2010 12:51:07 AM

Not sure on your budget, but I would go with the Asus. I have generally been very happy with Asus components over the years. Besides, not too bad looking either. The PSU should be fine unless you are stuffing a high-end GPU into the system. If that is the case, neither PSU is really a top choice.

What other components will be going into your new system? Good luck!
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 6, 2010 1:23:46 AM

AKASA Freedom Xone is a great budget case (better than the Antec 300 some say) and the PSU is better.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 8, 2010 11:19:20 AM

thanks for the answers.

i am planning to buy hd 5850gpu, amd x6 1055t, asus m4a87td motherboard

not much budget left for the case. i think asus looks way better but the psu comes with it is said to be worse than the hogpower one in akasa
September 8, 2010 12:06:18 PM

i found voltage and current values for the highpower psu with akasa xone. i have no understanding of these numbers

+3.3V : 20A , +5V : 25A , +12V1 : 18A , +12V2 : 18A , -12V : 0.5A , +5Vsb : 2.5A
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 8, 2010 12:43:48 PM

Each pair of numbers indicates how much power is output on each of those line types. For GPUs, the +12V rails are important to ensure that they provide enough juice to the GPU. Without going into a lot of detail, the highpower PSU appears to be adequate for use with the 5850.
!