hi there :D

specifications :::

mobo : asus m2n sli deluxe

cpu : AMD phenom 9950 x4

Video Card : pny gts 250 1g

ram : 3 sticks 4gb

psu : super power 400w its not a name :D

my question here is iwant to upgrade my Video Card to bfg gtx 275 oc <<<

i afraid it's wont work >but my gts 250 requires 450w minimum and its work great ..what do you think should i buy anew 500w psu or more please ?

forgive me for my poor english :x
10 answers Last reply
More about upgrade 400w help
  1. a new psu would be in order could you tell us what is available to you
  2. obsidian86 said:
    a new psu would be in order could you tell us what is available to you

Im thinking about order that http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-LS500-Lifetime-Series-500W/dp/B000WDRODQ/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1283719339&sr=1-7

what do u think
  3. "super power" is generic crap. probably cant even do 400w. ultra is a step up from what you have. it would probably work. but i recommend a 450w or greater of a reputable brad like seasonic, antec, corsair, or some enermaxes, silverstones, and fsp units. corsair is the best imo
  4. According to Tiger Direct that 500W ultra PSU has a single 12V rail with 28A(336W), thats just bad for a 500W unit. Get a good until like a Seasonic S12II, its a bit more expensive at $60 from newegg, but provides 40A on its 12V rail(480W) and has plenty of power for any single GPU so you dont need to be concerned, im a bit skeptical that an Ultra LS500 would survive running a GTX 275 for very long.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151094&Tpk=S12II%20520

obsidian beat me to the link, but the ship time from amazon is 2-5 weeks so it might be worth a bit more to get it from newegg in 3-5 days.
  5. thanx for the help guys
  6. what if i will try it on my 400w psu and it didnt work >> Is it possible thats harm the components ? try it first because of my Low budget
  7. Using not enough power can cause it to go boom, if it goes boom it can take out none, some, or all of your computer with it. I say its not really worth the gamble.
  8. daship said:
    Using not enough power can cause it to go boom, if it goes boom it can take out none, some, or all of your computer with it. I say its not really worth the gamble.

mmm ill rather go and buy a psu it will be safe :) thanx
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Gtx Graphics Cards Components Product