Closed Solved

What is the maximum PSU my HP p6320y can handle?

My question is this: I need to upgrade my PSU to run the video card I want to get but I need to know what the maximum wattage PSU is I can install without upgrading anything else. I need a 450W PSU for the card I want. I currently have 300W. Here's a link to my PC specs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Basic PC Specs-
HP p6320y
8GB DDR3 Ram
1T Hard Drive
300W PSU

The rest you can find in the following link

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/hp-pavilion-p6320y/4507-3118_7-33968314.html?tag=specs
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what maximum p6320y handle
  1. There are some 700W~750W PSUs that would fit.
    Do you need anything larger than that?
  2. No, i just wanna make sure it will power the video card and everything else in my pc without having to get a bigger tower for it to fit in or upgrading the mobo.
  3. Which video card?
  4. Here is a really good deal on a Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W PSU. $45 before $10 rebate. And a extra $5 off promo code till Sept 8th. And free shipping.
    With a strong +12V rail with 30Amps it's got as much power as most average 450W PSUs.
  5. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB Card. I only have the integrated card and it sucks.
  6. Here is an example of the GTX 460 power requirement: EVGA GTX 460 Superclocked.
    "Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply.
    (Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 24 Amps.)
    "
  7. I'm kind of a n00b when it comes to video card/psu and all that jazz. I know what psu I need I just need to know will I have to upgrade my PC to use the PSU i get.
  8. Best answer
    No... it will fit inside the case without a problem and all the connectors are standard.

9. ok. thank you very much for your help. I couldn't find the answer anywhere.
  10. Best answer selected by SavvyPirate.
  11. This topic has been closed by Jaydeejohn
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Graphics Cards Hewlett Packard Components Product