System configuration utility

March 18, 2005 8:21:01 PM

hello,

I have lots of application unchecked but I don’t want them in the msconfig
tab called startup

The programs are no longer on my computer I uninstalled them how do I remove
them from appearing in the?

Any advice comments suggestion about this procedure?

Thanks,

March 18, 2005 10:33:23 PM

Same answer as in microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain

go here:

Read instructions at the top.
Scroll down to:
148. Right hand side.
Click on:
Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup

Clean-up the MSCONFIG startup tab listings - Windows XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/MSCONFIG.htm

Disabled items are in >>>

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:EA9633EB-FD52-4456-9198-063AD752003A@microsoft.com,
Lear <Lear@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> hello,
>
> I have lots of application unchecked but I don’t want them in the
> msconfig tab called startup
>
> The programs are no longer on my computer I uninstalled them how do I
> remove them from appearing in the?
>
> Any advice comments suggestion about this procedure?
>
> Thanks,

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:FB2861AC-D52D-4CDD-963F-91F097A32BD8@microsoft.com,
Lear <Lear@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> hello,
>
> I have lots of application unchecked but I don’t want them in the
> msconfig tab called startup
>
> The programs are no longer on my computer I uninstalled them how do I
> remove them from appearing in the?
>
> Any advice comments suggestion about this procedure?
>
> Thanks,

March 18, 2005 11:50:00 PM

You will need to edit the registry in order to remove those
entries. I'd suggest you backup your registry first.

Go to Start -> Run and enter regedit in the Open box and click
OK.
Navigate to these keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\MSConfig\startupreg

In the right hand pane of each key right click on the value you
want to remove and select delete.

--
Nepatsfan
"Lear" <Lear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> I have lots of application unchecked but I don’t want them in
> the msconfig
> tab called startup
>
> The programs are no longer on my computer I uninstalled them
> how do I remove
> them from appearing in the?
>
> Any advice comments suggestion about this procedure?
>
> Thanks,

March 19, 2005 3:15:02 AM

hello,

almost there i still have a AOL 7.0 file
command C:\PROGRA~1\AMERIC~1.0\aoltray.exe-check

i uninstalled AOL and did a search for any files and its not in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
or startupfolder

thanks

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Same answer as in microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain
>
> go here:
>
> Read instructions at the top.
> Scroll down to:
> 148. Right hand side.
> Click on:
> Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup
>
> Clean-up the MSCONFIG startup tab listings - Windows XP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/MSCONFIG.htm
>
> Disabled items are in >>>
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder
> and
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:EA9633EB-FD52-4456-9198-063AD752003A@microsoft.com,
> Lear <Lear@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > hello,
> >
> > I have lots of application unchecked but I don’t want them in the
> > msconfig tab called startup
> >
> > The programs are no longer on my computer I uninstalled them how do I
> > remove them from appearing in the?
> >
> > Any advice comments suggestion about this procedure?
> >
> > Thanks,

> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:FB2861AC-D52D-4CDD-963F-91F097A32BD8@microsoft.com,
> Lear <Lear@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > hello,
> >
> > I have lots of application unchecked but I don’t want them in the
> > msconfig tab called startup
> >
> > The programs are no longer on my computer I uninstalled them how do I
> > remove them from appearing in the?
> >
> > Any advice comments suggestion about this procedure?
> >
> > Thanks,

March 20, 2005 1:03:23 AM

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:15:02 -0800, Lear wrote:

> hello,
>
> almost there i still have a AOL 7.0 file
> command C:\PROGRA~1\AMERIC~1.0\aoltray.exe-check
>
> i uninstalled AOL and did a search for any files and its not in the
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared
> Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
> or startupfolder
>
> thanks

Look in the "Startup" folder on the Start Menu for an aoltray shortcut.
Delete if found.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User