Sign in with
Your question

Cpu running too hot like 90c ???

Last response: in CPUs
September 6, 2010 1:17:44 AM

hi everybody
i re-assembled my pc i un-build it then rebuild it again everything was going ok but the cpu temps run too hot it reaches the 90 on stock cooling i even disabled the ht technology in order to drop some temps
could i installed the cpu fan in wrong way
and another question im using my stock cooling does it requir a thermal compund or it have it already
thanks

More about : cpu running hot 90c

September 6, 2010 1:18:49 AM

and by the way i moved the hdd cage to the top its now in the front of the cpu
September 6, 2010 1:47:06 AM

When I took my compute apart one time back when it was on stock cooling CPU temperatures got so hot it would turn off. I found out this was because one of the push pins was not all the way down on the MB. Pushing till it snapped in place lowered CPU temperatures by nearly 50 C.

Your stock cooler should come with thermal paste. Make sure that your cooler is on fully. Pull up slightly at each of the push pins and see if it comes up any.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 6, 2010 1:57:00 AM

From the way he explained (was already built, then he disassembled and reassembled, and he asked about needing thermal paste or if it was already on it), it seems as though he didn't wipe away the old thermal compound and re-apply.
Yes, stock HSF's can come with a compound pre-installed, all my retail CPU's with HSF's did, can't say if all do though.
If you didn't wipe the old and add the new, do it now! Turn that sucker off, pop off the HSF and apply some nice thermal compound to it. AS5 is always a good choice for most people out there...
September 6, 2010 1:57:01 AM

Drayeon said:
When I took my compute apart one time back when it was on stock cooling CPU temperatures got so hot it would turn off. I found out this was because one of the push pins was not all the way down on the MB. Pushing till it snapped in place lowered CPU temperatures by nearly 50 C.

Your stock cooler should come with thermal paste. Make sure that your cooler is on fully. Pull up slightly at each of the push pins and see if it comes up any.

exactly like what happened with me it was shutting down but i took out the heatsink fan and reinstalled it again and what is the push pins could you please but some pictures about it
September 6, 2010 2:06:10 AM

The puch pins are what holds your cpu cooler to the motherboard. I assume your cooler looks something like in this picture? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

When you take off the cpu cooler and put it back on make sure all 4 pins are pushed all the way down. Then twist in the direction indicated on the pin.
September 6, 2010 2:09:41 AM

Drayeon said:
The puch pins are what holds your cpu cooler to the motherboard. I assume your cooler looks something like in this picture? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

When you take off the cpu cooler and put it back on make sure all 4 pins are pushed all the way down. Then twist in the direction indicated on the pin.

than you so much dude now i know where is the trouble thanks
September 6, 2010 8:56:32 PM

guys i did what drayeon told me it works i enabled the ht and the temps are about 49 to 53
!