maps dont work

Hi,

Call me Matt 'Thicky McThick', but I cant seem to get any user made maps to
work.
I download a map. Hmmm... yes, yes.
I put said map in the \map folder. Hmm.... ok.
I cant see hide nor hair of them in the game. Errmmm... thats not right.

What am I doing wrong? I dont get it as there isnt much *to* get wrong!

--
-=Matt=-

"-=Matt=-" <DieSpam@DieSpamDie.co.uk> Blessed us with

> Hi,
>
> Call me Matt 'Thicky McThick', but I cant seem to get any user
> made maps to work. I download a map. Hmmm... yes, yes. I put
> said map in the \map folder. Hmm.... ok. I cant see hide nor
> hair of them in the game. Errmmm... thats not right.
>
> What am I doing wrong? I dont get it as there isnt much *to*
> get wrong!

Well I know that the map has to be named properly like it has to
start with DM for DeathMatch or AS for Assault and so fourth and
look in the UT\System folder for a file called UnrealTournament.ini
and open it up in a text editor and look for a section called
[Core.System] then under that section there should be at least one
entry that says Paths=../Maps/*.unr If you don't see the Paths
entry you may need to delete your UnrealTournament.ini file and
then restart the game and let the game make you a new one. Also
ensure that you are looking in the proper gametype for instance if
you just added a DeathMatch map you should look for it in the
DeathMatch gametype menu and not Capture the Flag or something else.

HTH

What's that in my sites?... Oh!... it looks like someone's
HEAD... Quick pull the trigger!... Man that was nasty!.