Sign in with
Your question

How to configure wired internet in laptop with win 7

Last response: in Networking
March 16, 2010 7:35:50 AM

Hello,
i have wired internet connection to my p.c ,i want it to be connected to my laptop which has win 7 64 bit.please guide me how to confiugre the settings in my laptop
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 16, 2010 8:14:56 AM

If you plug in an ethernet cable between the computer and router, a wizard should pop up. If not, there's very little to set up with wired -- it should just work when you start your browser.
m
l
March 17, 2010 2:44:15 PM

i tried to setup a connection but it was not of use...i could'nt browse the internet.. plz help me out with this as iam a newbie in the computer world
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 17, 2010 6:26:18 PM

You may need advice from your internet provider on how to configure the router for their service.

Anything else should be in the literature which came with the router (or a manual you can download from the maker's website) or in the Windows Help index (look up Network or TCP/IP).
m
l
March 18, 2010 4:27:19 PM

describe what you already have in more detail

cable modem... attached to a firewall router (which kind?) or attached to your PC?

Here's a typical setup:
cable modem, wired to WAN port of a firewall/router. PC connected to one of the LAN ports of that router (4 LAN ports is fairly standard). Then plug your laptop into another one of the LAN ports on the router.
m
l
March 17, 2013 12:59:55 PM

For future use: I had the same problem, nothing showed up on plugging the cable in. My problem was that the Local area connection adapter or something similar wasn't active.(On windows 7 64 bit) I went to Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center / Troubleshoot problems / Network Adapter. Hope this might help someone down the road.
m
l
!