master server flaked out?

Or is it me?

Currently, all servers in my favorites are showing OK.. but when trying to
pull the DM list, I get no list. CTF only shows 3 servers (and all of them
are Catchers).... WTF?

"§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> Blessed us with

> Or is it me?
>
> Currently, all servers in my favorites are showing OK.. but
> when trying to pull the DM list, I get no list. CTF only shows
> 3 servers (and all of them are Catchers).... WTF? >

Yeah I'm only getting the three *Catcher* servers too but I was
on IRC and it said that the master server was down and to bear
with them. The pings on those Catcher servers are incredibly
high too I got em' at 360 to 420!

HTH

What's that in my sites?... Oh!... it looks like someone's
HEAD... Quick pull the trigger!... Man that was nasty!.

"§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> Blessed us with

I just went and checked on IRC again Six and Red Menace said
that the master server "is having a bit of a problem" and that
the Eavy Serverbrowser is still working and still shows servers.
Do you have the Serverbrowser? I have it and can post it to the
binary group if you don't. It's a .umod and is only like 14
kilobytes or something really small.

JHall wrote:
> "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> Blessed us with
>
>> Or is it me?
>>
>> Currently, all servers in my favorites are showing OK.. but
>> when trying to pull the DM list, I get no list. CTF only shows
>> 3 servers (and all of them are Catchers).... WTF? >
>
> Yeah I'm only getting the three *Catcher* servers too but I was
> on IRC and it said that the master server was down and to bear
> with them. The pings on those Catcher servers are incredibly
> high too I got em' at 360 to 420!

I wonder if catcher is running the master server now. I find it all to be
quite strange because I was told he announced a few weeks ago that his boss
sold the company and he no longer had any bandwidth with which to host
servers.... and now he has an extra one (and I suspect maybe the master as
well).

I dunno about the ping. I used to get good pings to catchers but I quit
playing with those fellows (reasons archived in this group as well as on
catchers forum... I won't go into it again).

JHall wrote:
> "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> Blessed us with
>
> I just went and checked on IRC again Six and Red Menace said
> that the master server "is having a bit of a problem" and that
> the Eavy Serverbrowser is still working and still shows servers.
> Do you have the Serverbrowser? I have it and can post it to the
> binary group if you don't. It's a .umod and is only like 14
> kilobytes or something really small.

I'd appreciate it. Thanks

> JHall wrote:
>> "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> Blessed us with
>>
>> I just went and checked on IRC again Six and Red Menace said
>> that the master server "is having a bit of a problem" and that
>> the Eavy Serverbrowser is still working and still shows servers.
>> Do you have the Serverbrowser? I have it and can post it to the
>> binary group if you don't. It's a .umod and is only like 14
>> kilobytes or something really small.
>
> I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Comin right up dude! :) I just installed the browser myself as I
didn't have it installed and played at this server:
82.32.46.173:7777 It's a Minimad server and was playing Gothic.
It has Map Vote though. I sorted the list by the ping and when I
pinged the server a couple of times it was between 100 and 200
and the map only had average bots in it but it really started to
lag a lot and the bots beat me senseless! Needless to say I lost
but didn't come in last. After the match was over the ping was
over 700!!!.

That serverbrowser doesn't have any kind of configuration or
anything that I can see after it's installed but either it works or
they have fixed the master server because after I installed it
I got 353 DeathMatch servers!. Just install it and browse like
you normally do.

JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in

> I just went and checked on IRC again Six and Red Menace said
> that the master server "is having a bit of a problem" and that
> the Eavy Serverbrowser is still working and still shows servers.
> Do you have the Serverbrowser? I have it and can post it to the
> binary group if you don't. It's a .umod and is only like 14
> kilobytes or something really small.

Which IRC?

Do you have a URL for the browser mod? (I'd love to browse the site where
you found it.)

ScratchMonkey <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> Blessed us
with news:Xns94D2399577005scratchmonkey@216.196.97.136:

> JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in
>
>> I just went and checked on IRC again Six and Red Menace said
>> that the master server "is having a bit of a problem" and that
>> the Eavy Serverbrowser is still working and still shows servers.
>> Do you have the Serverbrowser? I have it and can post it to the
>> binary group if you don't. It's a .umod and is only like 14
>> kilobytes or something really small.
>
> Which IRC?

Start Unreal Tournament ->Multiplayer -> Find Internet Games
->look for a tab called "Chat". On the Chat page pick #utchat
from the dropdown list, click connect and start typing away.

> Do you have a URL for the browser mod? (I'd love to browse the
> site where you found it.)

Sure dude! Go here and look on the right hand side of the page
for all the goodies. :)

http://eavy.beyondunreal.com/

"§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Fzjhc.37042$ru4.36103@attbi_s52>...
> Or is it me?
>
> Currently, all servers in my favorites are showing OK.. but when trying to
> pull the DM list, I get no list. CTF only shows 3 servers (and all of them
> are Catchers).... WTF?

me too. I play the UT 99 demo.

However, now I don't need to worry that the epic.com wants to cancel
demo's Internet gaming :))

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:50:45 GMT, "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Or is it me?
>
>Currently, all servers in my favorites are showing OK.. but when trying to
>pull the DM list, I get no list. CTF only shows 3 servers (and all of them
>are Catchers).... WTF?

I saw this tip on the Atari forums:

Go to Unrealtourmament.ini
Find bHidden=True and bFallbackFactories=True
Replace those with bHidden=False and bFallbackFactories=False

Works like a charm.