master server flaked out?

Or is it me?

Currently, all servers in my favorites are showing OK.. but when trying to
pull the DM list, I get no list. CTF only shows 3 servers (and all of them
are Catchers).... WTF?
9 answers Last reply
More about master server flaked

    "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> Blessed us with

    > Or is it me?
    >
    > Currently, all servers in my favorites are showing OK.. but
    > when trying to pull the DM list, I get no list. CTF only shows
    > 3 servers (and all of them are Catchers).... WTF? >

    Yeah I'm only getting the three *Catcher* servers too but I was
    on IRC and it said that the master server was down and to bear
    with them. The pings on those Catcher servers are incredibly
    high too I got em' at 360 to 420!

    HTH

    What's that in my sites?... Oh!... it looks like someone's
    HEAD... Quick pull the trigger!... Man that was nasty!.

    "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> Blessed us with

    I just went and checked on IRC again Six and Red Menace said
    that the master server "is having a bit of a problem" and that
    the Eavy Serverbrowser is still working and still shows servers.
    Do you have the Serverbrowser? I have it and can post it to the
    binary group if you don't. It's a .umod and is only like 14
    kilobytes or something really small.

    JHall wrote:
    > "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> Blessed us with
    >
    >> Or is it me?
    >>
    >> Currently, all servers in my favorites are showing OK.. but
    >> when trying to pull the DM list, I get no list. CTF only shows
    >> 3 servers (and all of them are Catchers).... WTF? >
    >
    > Yeah I'm only getting the three *Catcher* servers too but I was
    > on IRC and it said that the master server was down and to bear
    > with them. The pings on those Catcher servers are incredibly
    > high too I got em' at 360 to 420!

    I wonder if catcher is running the master server now. I find it all to be
    quite strange because I was told he announced a few weeks ago that his boss
    sold the company and he no longer had any bandwidth with which to host
    servers.... and now he has an extra one (and I suspect maybe the master as
    well).

    I dunno about the ping. I used to get good pings to catchers but I quit
    playing with those fellows (reasons archived in this group as well as on
    catchers forum... I won't go into it again).

    JHall wrote:
    > "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> Blessed us with
    >
    > I just went and checked on IRC again Six and Red Menace said
    > that the master server "is having a bit of a problem" and that
    > the Eavy Serverbrowser is still working and still shows servers.
    > Do you have the Serverbrowser? I have it and can post it to the
    > binary group if you don't. It's a .umod and is only like 14
    > kilobytes or something really small.

    I'd appreciate it. Thanks
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    > JHall wrote:
    >> "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> Blessed us with
    >>
    >> I just went and checked on IRC again Six and Red Menace said
    >> that the master server "is having a bit of a problem" and that
    >> the Eavy Serverbrowser is still working and still shows servers.
    >> Do you have the Serverbrowser? I have it and can post it to the
    >> binary group if you don't. It's a .umod and is only like 14
    >> kilobytes or something really small.
    >
    > I'd appreciate it. Thanks

    Comin right up dude! :-) I just installed the browser myself as I
    didn't have it installed and played at this server:
    82.32.46.173:7777 It's a Minimad server and was playing Gothic.
    It has Map Vote though. I sorted the list by the ping and when I
    pinged the server a couple of times it was between 100 and 200
    and the map only had average bots in it but it really started to
    lag a lot and the bots beat me senseless! Needless to say I lost
    but didn't come in last. After the match was over the ping was
    over 700!!!.

    That serverbrowser doesn't have any kind of configuration or
    anything that I can see after it's installed but either it works or
    they have fixed the master server because after I installed it
    I got 353 DeathMatch servers!. Just install it and browse like
    you normally do.

    What's that in my sites?... Oh!... it looks like someone's
    HEAD... Quick pull the trigger!... Man that was nasty!.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in

    > I just went and checked on IRC again Six and Red Menace said
    > that the master server "is having a bit of a problem" and that
    > the Eavy Serverbrowser is still working and still shows servers.
    > Do you have the Serverbrowser? I have it and can post it to the
    > binary group if you don't. It's a .umod and is only like 14
    > kilobytes or something really small.

    Which IRC?

    Do you have a URL for the browser mod? (I'd love to browse the site where
    you found it.)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> Blessed us
    with news:Xns94D2399577005scratchmonkey@216.196.97.136:

    > JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in
    >
    >> I just went and checked on IRC again Six and Red Menace said
    >> that the master server "is having a bit of a problem" and that
    >> the Eavy Serverbrowser is still working and still shows servers.
    >> Do you have the Serverbrowser? I have it and can post it to the
    >> binary group if you don't. It's a .umod and is only like 14
    >> kilobytes or something really small.
    >
    > Which IRC?

    Start Unreal Tournament ->Multiplayer -> Find Internet Games
    ->look for a tab called "Chat". On the Chat page pick #utchat
    from the dropdown list, click connect and start typing away.

    > Do you have a URL for the browser mod? (I'd love to browse the
    > site where you found it.)

    Sure dude! Go here and look on the right hand side of the page
    for all the goodies. :-)

    http://eavy.beyondunreal.com/

    What's that in my sites?... Oh!... it looks like someone's
    HEAD... Quick pull the trigger!... Man that was nasty!.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Fzjhc.37042$ru4.36103@attbi_s52>...
    > Or is it me?
    >
    > Currently, all servers in my favorites are showing OK.. but when trying to
    > pull the DM list, I get no list. CTF only shows 3 servers (and all of them
    > are Catchers).... WTF?

    me too. I play the UT 99 demo.

    However, now I don't need to worry that the epic.com wants to cancel
    demo's Internet gaming :))
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:50:45 GMT, "§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Or is it me?
    >
    >Currently, all servers in my favorites are showing OK.. but when trying to
    >pull the DM list, I get no list. CTF only shows 3 servers (and all of them
    >are Catchers).... WTF?

    I saw this tip on the Atari forums:

    Go to Unrealtourmament.ini
    Find bHidden=True and bFallbackFactories=True
    Replace those with bHidden=False and bFallbackFactories=False

    Works like a charm.

Games Favorites Servers Video Games