ASRock P67 Fatal1ty Pro mobo issues

dementedleo

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
HI all I am having an issue with this new board I bought as title shows it is the ASRock p67 Fatal1ty board.
here is list of everything in build:
I5-2500k @4.7ghz
2 MSI GTX 460 TwinFrozr 2 SOC SLI
4x2g Gskill ECO 1600 CL7
Corsair 750 HX psu
H50 cooler
Antec 902 case
3 antec 120mm in push pull config w/ 200mm on top
Spinpoint F3 1tb
hp dvd-rw

ok problem is in the new bios thing I try to set ram to 1600mhz as should be. I get DR Debug code 45 and pc stalls and I have to manually shutdown.
I can only run ram at 1333mhz and with auto settings.
I have ran prime95 for 36 hours so I have a stable system.
I have ran memtest on every stick of ram and all passed.
I am currently running bios 1.70 for mobo.
I have clean install of win 7 64 pro.
Please help cause I am at wits end.
Before you ask yes the ram is on site saying it is compatible.
I have tried everything I can think of ex: running cpu at stock and then trying to switch timings of ram. negative ; ;help........

dementedleo

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I have tried everything. If it was that simple I would have not posted.

It has something to do with the new UEFI. I did first post and it gave me a default extreme ram config whic I never set. I reset everything, pulled battery etc. Nothing works for the ram in config. I always get error code on DR Debug 45 and system freeze. hard reboot and then clear cmos button on back panel.
I have looked at every forum i READ. OCC, anadatech, overclock.net etc. I come here since most are from same places and frequent same forums.
I know it is a new board but some folks must have same board and posted some error like mine. I have BSOD 3 times since intial post and have fixed it by voltage increase.
I will post current config for bios tomorrow since it is so late.
I know some:
Everything is manual
all C-states are off
4.7ghz for time being lol
1.4v
turbo power limit: 180 short , 140 long dur 1 sec
internal PLL overvolt enable
speedstep : en
pch volt: 1.012
cpu PLL volt: 1.857
VTT: 1.116
VCCSA: .925

RAM is at 1.5v

dementedleo

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I have changed v on ram and still same issue
I have AIDA64 EXTREME logs if you want to see and CPU-z etc. did all the basics. I am thinking it is mobo issue with bios myself but no confirm yet.

geork

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Dem

Let me add a bit as I'm having debug code 45 problems and this is the only reference on the Internet that I've found discussing code 45.

I even called as rock and they don't know what code 45 means, they said it was a "new code"

I have a system that won't boot and I'm going through the painful process of rma ing the whole thing.

I've been through 2 motherboards and 2 power supplies. I have an i5 2500k and gskill ripjaws 4x2g

The reason I'm writing here is that you assume that this is a memory issue, since my build won't even POST with either stick I'm presuming this is a CPU issue and are now in the process of rma ing the CPU

Let me know please if my thinking is incorrect and you are quite sure that code 45 has something to do with the ram.

smcjcs

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
I'm having the same problem with the "code 45" stall, but only when I add more the 1 stick of memory.

I have tried running 2,3 and 4 sticks and played with settings, but no luck, only run with one stick.

Also, I have tried different ram, same results.

I'm running a i7 2600 and Adata ddr3 1600 ram, which is listed on the asrock site as being compatible.

Update: I only get the code 45 when ram is setup to run in Dual Channel, 2 sticks side by side run at single channel and boots fine.

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
First i would try to rise VCCIO to around 1.2 or above and RAM 1.55~1.6
try different timings ,if this won't work try different set of sticks ,can you run your RAM @1600 or above under stock CPU multiplier ?

dementedleo:
Update to 1.80 BIOS. Even though it doesn't say anything about important changes, it's best to have the newest BIOS when you have a brand new combo like P67 and Sandy Bridge.
That RAM is rated at 1.35v, not 1.5v. Unless both NewEgg and G.Skill's site are wrong...
You cannot do any manual memory timings at all? Not even to change just one setting manually? Have you tried just one stick of RAM and making changes?

Geork:
Code 45 is RAM-related.

smcjcs:
You've tried all four slots? Unlike most boards, with this one you can do two sticks in the red slots or two sticks in the black slots for dual-channel.

smcjcs

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
It boots fine with a stick in the red and 1 in the black, but with 2 sticks both in red or black and I get nothing but debug code.

Codes 45 or 38 everytime

I'm calling asrock today, I need to get this working or get a replacement mobo.

The codes mean different things depending on the BIOS manufacturer. Here's what it says for AMI:

AMI (38) Power on message display complete. Going to read new cursor position. Memory below 1MB initialized.

AMI (45) Data initialized. Going to check for memory wrap around at 0:0 and the total system memory size.

Maybe ASRock tech support can make sense of those for you.

By the way, the source of those debug code listings is here (PDF file).

smcjcs

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Asrock tech support says it's a problem with the memory controller on the cpu and nothing is wrong with there board.

Not sure that I believe that, so I'm seding back the board and cpu to newegg for replacement parts.

I'll post once I get the new cpu and mobo.

geork

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Leaps:

Thanks so much for the info, for the life of me I couldnt find that code.

I just RMAed my CPU this am, I will post once I get a new one, I guess now I'm thinking of RMAing the ram as well (Gskill, non-ECO).

I dont think its mobo related as that is the first thing I did:

ASRock p67 Extreme4 = code 45
new MSI p67a-c43 (b3 stepping) = no post, no beep, constant powering off and repeating (no dr. debug code on that board)

so both seemed effected by a similar problems.

Will post if I dig up anything else

djwave28

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
ASRock p67 Extreme4 = code 45

I think I have that board. Just got it in .. No post, no beeb, just sits there with code 45
Took out MEM and got a beep and code 53. Board is responsive. Mem back in gives 45.

ASRock p67 Extreme4
Viper Extreme DDR3 1866
i7-2600K

It will not post. Right now I have a mail standing out with ASRock. I hope they come up with something, since this is my very first build.
My guess is that this is RAM related, but I still out in the dark.

djwave28

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008

Thanks Leaps ..

Yes. I tried single module throughout the slots and then the other one of the pair I have.
code 53 is without any modules. I did that to test Dr. Debug. Once one gets installed it is code 45

The board never came up. Since it is my first built, I have been slow going and careful in assembling it. Fans start, but other than that the board is doing nothing. I have contacted ASRock, but have no answer yet.

Since I have the 30 day newegg return policy, I decided to RMA the board. I am interesting to see what smcjcs in this thread comes back with.
I will be back as soon as I got my board replaced, since I already started the process. If there is no success, then my only option will be to RMA the CPU.

The bad thing is that I don't have parts to troubleshoot the issue. I was thinking in the direction of memory. I hope not, but if you're right with the memory controller, I have picked the wrong part to RMA.

dementedleo

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010

I will update bios tonight after work..
I have tried with 1 stick of ram and negative will always post to code 45 if I change anything with ram.
Hopefully it is just bios issue. I have sent in a query to ASRock, but alas no reply yet from tech support.
My ram is all good checked it on another board I have from last build. Each stick passes Memtest 86.
Hopefully it is not CPU I will be upset for RMA lol.

djwave28

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008

Update to my former reply.
It didn't sit right with your comment. I decided to contact Newegg and RMA the processor as well ..
I'll be back ... :sol:

Deathwing514

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Hey guys,

I am currently having the exact same problem as you guys regarding the code 45.

The computer starts and the fans are all working, but i get the code 45 on Dr. Debugger.

Also i get no signal on the monitor so i cant even go into my bios or even update it. I am currently looking at the compatibility list and see that my g-skill 4GB is not on the list for the ddr3 1600.

At the moment i am buying the Kingston ram which is on the list to verify if its my ram that causing the code 45. If you guys find out what code 45 means and what the problem was, i will be very grateful. If i find anything about this problem or find a solution ill let u guys know.

PS: Their customer service is nonexistent, i have emailed them 3 times in the past 4 days and still no answer. Is anyone even looking at our emails?

pixheero

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
i guess i must be some what lucky i dont seem to have the ram problem i am using all 4 slots with Ripjaws. i did have a problem of not detecting my ide hdd in bios so i got a new sata drive but my problem is when i boot up it opens saying cant find hdd for 3 trys then somehow finds my hdd and boots,

Deathwing514

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Hey guys,

so Asrock has replied to my email regarding code 45 and this is the statement to the response to my email.

"Debug code shows "45", it maybe related to your memory.

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
1. Please insert your memory module in the white DRAM slot then try again.
2. Please unplug your memory and replug in then make sure your memory module is install properly.
3. Use eraser to clean the golden finger of your memory to try.
4. If possible, please kindly change other memory for testing.

Thanks~

Have a nice day
ASRock TSD"

I have tried each of the methods besides 3 and 4.

I just don't see it being safe using an eraser to clean the golden finger.
Regarding step 4, i am getting the compatible Kingston ram on Tuesday. Hopefully his statement of being a ram problem is true and my monitor will hopefully boot up.

djwave28

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008

You can do that, just use a soft eraser. It will be safe. You have to wipe them, not rub the @!%& out of them. :D
Another thing you can do is use alcohol to wipe them clean.

djwave28

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
I also had a reply from ASRock today. They take me through the basic steps of troubleshooting.

The remarks from ASRock support are

- unstable power supply
- Possible short circuit by the MB supports in the case

Other than those possibilities I get the standard story on taking things apart and reassemble it outside the case taking one step at the time and test it.

Take it apart. Perform a visual inspection. Reassemble it with the core components and use only 1 memory module. Test the system. If it works add another component. If it does not work, then it may well be either the power supply, motherboard or the memory.

Might I add it can also still be the CPU. I had performed the test even before I put it in the case to see if it would POST. Since I have already RMA'd the MB and CPU, I will have to wait right now.

djwave28

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
This thread has been brought to the attention of the support from ASRock (in the Netherlands). Since the error code 45 is not a common one it is also put through to ASRock in Taiwan. .... Go ASRock !!! Hopefully we can tackle the issue and get to the core of this problem.

First of:
ASRock referred to my post on stating that they give out a "standard story" as a response to my email to their support. This does not mean that they don't take issue in their customer support. With the "standard story" I truly meant that it is the standard procedure of troubleshooting. It is an absolute necessary step that needs to be taken in helping the customer. So my apology to ASRock and anybody that understood my comment in the wrong way.

Now that that is out the way I will share the information of what I have so far:

Code 45 is a DRAM training error. On the RAM is a 'so called' SPD chip in which the information concerning voltage, size and timing are present. The motherboard will try to read this data out during the bios routine. When it does not succeed, it will throw an error code 45.

Consequently it is stated that the chances are that a new motherboard and CPU (that I have currently in RAM) will not solve the problem. So I hope they are wrong, but hope and reality are two different things .. LOL
The issue may be resolved with other memory sticks. ASRock advised me Kingston Value RAM or Kingston HyperX RAM. This does not mean that other brands won't work, but apparently customers have good experience with these.

Please check with this and compare. Try other modules if you can.

My config:
MB: ASRock Extreme4 P67
CPU: i7-2600K (Sandy Bridge)
Memory: Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Model PXD38G1866ELK
Timing: 9-11-9-27
Voltage: 1.65V

Since it is stated that my MB should support 1866 memory, I have written ASRock back with some info. If I get any more, I will share it here.
Hope this helps ...

xixou

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Hello,
I use 4 sticks of 2 GB of HYPER X Kingston ram's,
they works fine on my ASRock p67 Fatal1ty (2500k cpu at 4.8 GHz) !

dram freq = 800 MHz FSB:DRAM ratio = 1:6
9/9/9/24/1T
part number = 9905403-151.A00LF (slots 1 and 3)
9905403-096.A01LF (slots 2 and 4)
runs at 1.65Volt