Upgrading from Enterprise to Ultimate on SSD

shermansb

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I have Enterprise installed on my computer. I just installed an ssd and I reinstalled the enterprise version from my school, but now they offer a ultimate version that's not linked to my schools servers. The enterprise version has to be updated every 90 days from the school license server.

I would like to know if there would be any ill effects from upgrading to another version of windows on an ssd. Even though they are practically the same version, I found a way online to upgrade to this version. The link is below.

http://www.jasdhaliwal.com/microsoft...ws-7-ultimate/

Solution
"I would like to know if there would be any ill effects from upgrading to another version of windows on an ssd"

Enterprise & Ultimate are not different versions of Windows, they are different "Editions" of the same version and it should make no difference as regards compatibility with your current hardware.

Also, whether you are installing it on a hard drive or an SSD is irrelevant as regards your question.
"I would like to know if there would be any ill effects from upgrading to another version of windows on an ssd"

Enterprise & Ultimate are not different versions of Windows, they are different "Editions" of the same version and it should make no difference as regards compatibility with your current hardware.

Also, whether you are installing it on a hard drive or an SSD is irrelevant as regards your question.

Solution