faulty arrow keys on Inspiron 7000

Tags:
  • Dell Inspiron
  • Laptops
  • Inspiron
  • Keyboards
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
a b D Laptop
November 2, 2004 9:43:42 AM

hi-

I'm working on a dell Inspiron 7000- the right and left arrows do not
work. I removed the keyboard from its bed but did not disconnect the
flex connector- lo! the arrows keys worked. replaced the keyboard, and
no <- or ->. a mystery.

I cleaned the keyboard and etc.

any ideas, o wise ones?

More about : faulty arrow keys inspiron 7000

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 2, 2004 11:06:38 AM

caterbro wrote:
> hi-
>
> I'm working on a dell Inspiron 7000- the right and left arrows do not
> work. I removed the keyboard from its bed but did not disconnect the
> flex connector- lo! the arrows keys worked. replaced the keyboard, and
> no <- or ->. a mystery.
>
> I cleaned the keyboard and etc.
>
> any ideas, o wise ones?

The ribbon connector at the mainboard has a push-down wedge that can be
difficult to tighten properly. It can look like it is tight, but can be
loose at one or both ends. Push down gently on one end while holding
the other end down to prevent its popping up.