Asus Rampage III Extreme Problem

saurabhfzd

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
ever since i upgraded my Mobo to Rampage III i'm having a few problems.

1. when it boots it says 'No Drives Detected' and yet the system boots properly. what gives?

2. Often i get a message while booting 'Overclocking Failed' when i'm not overclocking and i've to press F1 OR F2 to set to default to move on.

3. while the system's off i make any hardware changes even taking out or inserting my LAN cable as soon as i press the BOOT the system flickers on/off till i press the Clear CMOS button at the back. the when the system boots i get a message press F1 to go into BIOS or Press F2 to set to default and then it boots properly.

what am i doing wrong? pls advise. thank u.

tryni

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Question 1. I have Asus P5K it says no Drives Detected. This began after I changed hardrive to SSD. I had not this message before when I used a ordinary SATA Disc.

wato69

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
hmmmmmmm when you installed new mother board....did you install all the necessary software/driver's for the board..this content would have come on a disc with the mobo pack...also it may be that one of your components...most probably ram.... is incompatible with the board...most mobo have a Qualified vendor list which you can dl from the website...i know for certain that asus has one...heres the link for the rampage 3 extreme

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/Rampage_III_Extreme/#MSL

when on the site just click on the memory/device support TAB and download the QVL list found there check if your rams compatible....this is all i can offer atm...try reseating ram and also try changing around which sata cables go to which sata connectors on the mobo...this has helped me before. mix and match the sata's.