P8Z68 raid issue

Esperado

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Hi folks.
I used a WD black caviar 1To with the followings partition: 1: Boot (Easy BCD)and swap, 2: Seven, 3: XP, 4: Linux, 5: programs, 6: DATAS with users and documents and settings on it.

Recently got 2X WD velociraptors 300Go (updated to last firmware 0.6), and wanted to try them in a RAID 0. (please do not comment security issue).

The 3 HDs are plugged in the Intel Sata3 ports.
Raid was created for the velociraptors (oh my god what a stupid and Martian interface, both for raid Intel and Asus bios !!!!)
Order of disks was set to 1 DVD, 2 Caviar, 3 RAID. in the Bios

Tried to boot with the Caviar: It begin to boot then reboot silent. No way.
The only way to boot again on my old disk was to reset from RAID to AHCI in BIOS.

Boot Ok, i can see the raid disk under Seven, XP, Linux.
RAID disk was partitioned and formated under Seven (boot, Seven, Programs, DATAS)
Copy of the Caviar volumes, (clone of Seven) on the RAID partitions.
Drive letters changed between RAID and Caviar for Programs and Datas.
Reboot on the seven Caviar: everything ok, Programs and DATAS partitions are well read on the Raid disk.
Now, i add an entry in EASY BCD for the RAID Seven system.

Reboot and try to boot on the RAID Seven: it begin to boot then black screen: "No or corrupted winlogon.exe" (or winload.exe, i don't remember).
Back to bios, reset to Raid, same blue screen than at the beginning.
Back to AHCI, i can only boot on the CAVIAR Seven
Please, help-me.

Esperado

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Just i would like to add that it behave the same under XP, but, even if the BIOS is set to RAID, Linux boot without any problem and i can see the raid partitions.
So i suppose a Windows driver problem.

Esperado

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
I figured out how to activate the Raid in bios, and get Sevent to boot, using this tool:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
Clonig the Seven on the Raid using sectors copy and the boot from Raid fails. The only way i've found was file copy.
Well Very strange behaviors.
Using in all circumstances Program and Datas (+user) on the RAID, if i boot from The RAID on seven: 1mn 56.
If i boot the Seven from Caviar 1.26
But i realized that under HDTUNE, the perfs of the raid was a lot worse than before.
Back to the BIos, return to "AHCI mode": boot in 1 mn 10, and max perfs back.
Strange, isn't ?

TRENDING THREADS