Closed

Palit E-GREEN gts 250 review

im having trouble finding a review for the Palit e green GTS 250, i just wanted tot know how well it performs, power consumption and the temperature rates. also how well it can overclock because i dont want to risk damaging my card. i might end up getting a new card in a few years so im keeping this one until i save up some money and get a really powerful card and maybe a new psu too.
so please can anyone link me to areview or if they know what the performance, temp, etc is.
31 answers Last reply
More about palit green review
  1. A normal GTS250 would need a 6pin power connector from PSU.
    For E Green GTS250, i don't know whether it need 6pin or not...

    If that card doesn't need 6pin power connector then you couldn't OC it, maybe you can but just a little...
  2. The E-Green need the 6-pin and you can overclock it.

    Currently we have not sent any GTS250 E Green for review. Not alot of medias like to review a low power consumption card as they rather have overclocked card.

    Thanks.
  3. palitusa said:
    The E-Green need the 6-pin and you can overclock it.

    Currently we have not sent any GTS250 E Green for review. Not alot of medias like to review a low power consumption card as they rather have overclocked card.

    Thanks.


    Hello there Mate! ^_^ I was just wondering if i can Overclock The Palit GTS 250 e-green to the normal GTS 250 stock clock speed, It looks like that I'm stuck on the memory speed (900mhz Default) (1000mhz OC'ed) cant get any higher than that. :( help!
    Thanks and more Power To PALIT.

    My Palit GTS 250 e-green 1024mb Specs:
    GPU Clock: 760mhz
    Shader Clock:1836
    Memory Clock: 1000mhz [cant get any higher] >_< (2000mhz Effective)
  4. NvidiaPhysX said:
    Hello there Mate! ^_^ I was just wondering if i can Overclock The Palit GTS 250 e-green to the normal GTS 250 stock clock speed, It looks like that I'm stuck on the memory speed (900mhz Default) (1000mhz OC'ed) cant get any higher than that. :( help!
    Thanks and more Power To PALIT.

    My Palit GTS 250 e-green 1024mb Specs:
    GPU Clock: 760mhz
    Shader Clock:1836
    Memory Clock: 1000mhz [cant get any higher] >_< (2000mhz Effective)


    wow, how the hell did you get it that high?
    i have mine at:
    gpu clock: 690 MHz
    shader: 1490 MHz
    memory: 915 MHz

    any higher and i bsod, did you get an aftermarket fan or tweak the voltage?
    and what program did you use?
  5. :lol:
    mine at 800 core
    shader 1800
    and mem stuck at 950
  6. alhanelem said:
    wow, how the hell did you get it that high?
    i have mine at:
    gpu clock: 690 MHz
    shader: 1490 MHz
    memory: 915 MHz

    any higher and i bsod, did you get an aftermarket fan or tweak the voltage?
    and what program did you use?

    what psu do you have?
  7. mjsharma said:
    what psu do you have?


    a great-wall 550 watt power supply (china made crap) but it still does the job, about 30 amps on the 12 volt rail and it has 80% efficiency

    (550 watts(total) - 160 watts(combined 3.3v and 5v) = 390 divide that by 12 = 32.5 but thats max so an average of 30 amps)
  8. are you sure of the amps written on the label....???
    its chinese..thats why i am asking this :P
    i think your psu is the problem... get a better quality psu like corsair or antec.. because psu is like your heart.. what if you have a faulty heart? omg ..its like that.. :P
  9. i was just wondering
    can we make some changes to the pcb and get higher clocks?
  10. mjsharma said:
    are you sure of the amps written on the label....???
    its chinese..thats why i am asking this :P
    i think your psu is the problem... get a better quality psu like corsair or antec.. because psu is like your heart.. what if you have a faulty heart? omg ..its like that.. :P


    If the sticker could be believed, then it could be a good psu (though I have my doubts ).

    Though the rail distribution seems odd
    3.3V * 24A = 79.2W
    +5V * 20A = 100W
    +12V1 * 17A = 204W
    +12V2 * 16A = 192W
    +12V3 * 12A = 144W
    +12V4 * 12A = 144W

    Total = 863.2W????
  11. alhanelem said:
    If the sticker could be believed, then it could be a good psu (though I have my doubts ).

    Though the rail distribution seems odd
    3.3V * 24A = 79.2W
    +5V * 20A = 100W
    +12V1 * 17A = 204W
    +12V2 * 16A = 192W
    +12V3 * 12A = 144W
    +12V4 * 12A = 144W

    Total = 863.2W????


    :lol:
    you can't add those +12v rail amps like that...
    resulting amp will be less than the total as it originates from the same place...
  12. mjsharma said:
    :lol:
    you can't add those +12v rail amps like that...
    resulting amp will be less than the total as it originates from the same place...


    3.3V = 24A
    +5V = 20A
    +12V1 = 17A
    +12V2 = 16A
    +12V3 = 12A
    +12V4 = 12A
    -12V = 0.3A
    +5VSB = 2.5A

    combined 3.3v and 5v output = 160 watts max

    well this is what it says on the label, it has 80% efficiency too
    so how do i figure out the amps on the 12 v rail then?
  13. if your label is correct then subtract the 3.3 and +5 v wattage from the total... that will give approximate wattage of +12v rail
    this is the best way
  14. soooooooo

    550 - 160 = 390
    390/12 = 32 amps

    and 80% efficiency = 26 amps minimum

    right?
  15. power supply's efficiency rating is determined by the ratio of AC power going in to the DC power going out
    and that 550w is the dc output.
  16. is that 550 w output written on the label continuous or maximum power?
  17. mjsharma said:
    is that 550 w output written on the label continuous or maximum power?


    could you check it here for me?

    http://www.greatwall.com.cn/5a/groupENewsDetail.asp?id=276

    this is starting to give me a headache and i cant make sense of it, but i think its 550 watt max not cont.
  18. nothing s specified.. but don't trust those chinese psus
    get a quality psu...
    you can do whatever overclocking you want and safely
  19. alhanelem said:
    wow, how the hell did you get it that high?
    i have mine at:
    gpu clock: 690 MHz
    shader: 1490 MHz
    memory: 915 MHz

    any higher and i bsod, did you get an aftermarket fan or tweak the voltage?
    and what program did you use?


    Hello ^_^ Mate! I'm Using Rivatuner.
    I didnt use any voltage tweaking or Custom Fans.
    I used Furmark and ATItool for stability.

    I also managed to crank the clocks:
    GPU Clock:788mhz(Max if i add one more clock the PC will freeze)Ex. 789mhz
    Shader Clock:1858mhz(Max)Artifacts will show on Furmark if i continue to increase
    Memory:1070mhz(Max adding more will make my PC freeze :()

    Temps:
    Idle:44c Load:70-75c
  20. The GTS 250 E-Green is meant for power efficient and not for heavy overclocking or tweaking.

    Thanks.
  21. palitusa said:
    The GTS 250 E-Green is meant for power efficient and not for heavy overclocking or tweaking.

    Thanks.



    Hello, What kind of a Graphics chip that a Palit GTS 250 is using is it a power efficient chip or just a normal GTS 250 G92 Chip?

    -Thanks More Power to Palit ^_^-

    And i Also Notice the Slogan hehehe "Play It, TWEAK IT, GET MORE OUT OF IT. :("
  22. I'm just supposing it's a normal GTS 250/9800 GTX+ G92 chip which can't run at the stock speeds of a regular GTS 250, which means they underclock it so it runs cooler and uses less energy, that's what I'm assuming.
  23. Lmeow said:
    I'm just supposing it's a normal GTS 250/9800 GTX+ G92 chip which can't run at the stock speeds of a regular GTS 250, which means they underclock it so it runs cooler and uses less energy, that's what I'm assuming.


    Cooler? :/
    But it runs 44c in Idle it aint cool :(
  24. can anything be changed on pcb to overclock the card?
    i mean physical changes...
  25. mjsharma said:
    can anything be changed on pcb to overclock the card?
    i mean physical changes...


    well you can change the fan or replace it with water cooling to help overclock it.
  26. :lol: i didn't mean that...i know it already
    i was asking can any electronic change bring the clock up...??
  27. mjsharma said:
    :lol: i didn't mean that...i know it already
    i was asking can any electronic change bring the clock up...??


    why bother when you could buy a better one or wait for a better one to come out.
  28. will you give money? then i will go for a better one...
    :lol:
  29. palitusa said:
    The GTS 250 E-Green is meant for power efficient and not for heavy overclocking or tweaking.

    Thanks.



    Hello! Palit, Can I ask what kind of RAM Did you use in the e-green series? Coz It looks like a cheap RAM that is only rated at lower mhz (900-970ishMhz) than the original GTS 250 RAM (1100mhz)
    Can you also Specify what BRAND and what MODEL Thanks.
    (Ex: Samsung 123-blah-blah-blah) LOL!

    Can you also help us out in overclocking. (I mean helping us find a Stable clock to boost the Performance.

    Expecting for a Reply ^_^

    -More Power to Palit-
  30. Hmmm 760 core is fairly decent better than my 9800gt s as for the mem you got lucky. A lot of people don't get pass 950 at best while my top card maxed out at 1010 on the mem while the core was 720. The lower card is older and doesn't go as high.
  31. palitusa said:
    The GTS 250 E-Green is meant for power efficient and not for heavy overclocking or tweaking.

    Thanks.


    Please Reply :( Please....
Ask a new question

Read More

Palit Power Consumption Green Graphics