Dont trust myself! website that can build my custom parts for me?

amreiss

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I am fairly crafty and have taken apart computers before but I worry about putting together my new $1700 build. is it reallly that difficult? im worried about having correct voltages etc. also i would like to have some sort of warranty incase something goes wrong but i cant have one since im assembling the components separately or can I?

is there a willl construct my custom parts?

brennon7

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
Warranty for individual parts is often greater than a prebuilt. Examples intel cpu warranty is 3 years, gigabyte motherboard is 3 years, xfx graphics card is lifetime warranty....etc... vs. Dell or other with 1 year warranty.

You really should build it yourself, it is not hard at all.

Hereisphilly

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
I'll second that! Aside from the extra warranties, the money the you save on an identical system that you build yourself compared to a prebuilt system can be something like 25% of the overall price!
I did it for the 1st time 3 months ago.
Its dead easy, just read a few guides beforehand, have one open when you do it.
Take your time, familiarize yourself with the components and be patient. Any questions, just ask, there are no such things as stupid questions!

brennon7

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

@hereisphilly What settings are you using to get 3.8ghz I have the same CPU and MOBO and I'm looking to overclock. I have and h50 in push pull for cooling.

Hereisphilly

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

My cheap crappy usb keyboard is broken atm, and my bluetooth logitech dinovo cant get into bios, so i cant get u those settings atm i'm afraid

But this is a good thread, my settings are very similar, just a few tweaks here and there, bit lower voltage etc.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639976

This is also a really good guide

http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/