installing winxp on a new laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
November 2, 2004 3:35:08 PM

hey guys!! i am formatting a new laptop and installing a new windows xp pro
on it and i have some questions?

1) do i need a mouse, or can i use the pad to navigate the mouse arrow on
the laptop?

2) is there anything different about installintg a new windows on a laptop
that i should be aware of that is different from a computer?

thanks in advance!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 2, 2004 10:33:35 PM

"gongshowbob" <private> wrote:
>hey guys!! i am formatting a new laptop and installing a new windows xp pro
>on it and i have some questions?

Why didn't you buy it with XPpro?

>1) do i need a mouse, or can i use the pad to navigate the mouse arrow on
>the laptop?

Assuming the pad drivers in the BIOS work, it should work fine.

>2) is there anything different about installintg a new windows on a laptop
>that i should be aware of that is different from a computer?

Finding all the right drivers can be a time-consuming exercise, but
with a bit of help from the manufacturer's WWWebsite, most stuff will
come right up.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 3, 2004 1:33:42 PM

hey guys thanks for both of those responses.

im about to do this thing today...what it is, a friend of mine has a new
3000+ widescreen e-machines, very nice laptop, but has had a virus on it and
emachines has so much stuff running on it its ridiculous. so since it has
been barely used, im going to load winxp pro on it and set it up right.

just first time ive done a laptop, and it seems pretty much the same as a
tower, so i dont think ill have a problem with it, and i will also have my
main computer hooked to the internet if i need to ask anything else heh...

thanks again!!

"gongshowbob" <private> wrote in message
> hey guys!! i am formatting a new laptop and installing a new windows xp
> pro on it and i have some questions?
>
> 1) do i need a mouse, or can i use the pad to navigate the mouse arrow on
> the laptop?
>
> 2) is there anything different about installintg a new windows on a laptop
> that i should be aware of that is different from a computer?
>
> thanks in advance!

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 3, 2004 3:21:36 PM

"gongshowbob" <private> wrote in message
> hey guys!! i am formatting a new laptop and installing a new windows xp
> pro on it and i have some questions?
>
> 1) do i need a mouse, or can i use the pad to navigate the mouse arrow on
> the laptop?
>
> 2) is there anything different about installintg a new windows on a laptop
> that i should be aware of that is different from a computer?
>
> thanks in advance!

If youve ever installed before you probably learned the hard way to take
note of all the hardware and drivers so you can download them again if they
dont come as part of the installation. As I recall the only one I had a
problem with on my Dell was the modem.

Other than that it was all smooth.
!