Norton Internet Security 2005 & Windows XP-Pro

I have a rather strange problem ... On a computer running Windows XP-Pro SP2
(All updates etc applied) in an NT4.0 Domain the computer works like a
charm. As soon as Norton Internet Security 2005 is installed, it can no
longer find the domain even though I can connect via IP etc to the server
and if I add a hosts entry then I can connect via UNC. If I disable NIS
then no problem and I do not need the hosts entries.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this?

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about norton internet security 2005 windows

    Yes, this is perfectly normal for a firewall that has not been configured to
    all traffic from a "domain". You'll need to review the instruction manual
    (it may be in electronic PDF format on the CD, already installed under help,
    or you may have to go to Symantec's site to download) for configuring it to
    be used either on a domain (when you are connected to it) and not on a
    domain (when you are using it anywhere else).

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
    "Google is your Friend!"

    "Steve Staves" <srstaves@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > I have a rather strange problem ... On a computer running Windows XP-Pro
    SP2
    > (All updates etc applied) in an NT4.0 Domain the computer works like a
    > charm. As soon as Norton Internet Security 2005 is installed, it can no
    > longer find the domain even though I can connect via IP etc to the server
    > and if I add a hosts entry then I can connect via UNC. If I disable NIS
    > then no problem and I do not need the hosts entries.
    >
    > Has anyone ever seen or heard of this?
    >
    > TIA

Configuration Internet Security Windows XP