Monitor Calibration

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 19, 2004 9:59:49 PM

Is it just me, or is Adobe Gamma very un-user friendly?

What monitor calibration do you use? And if it is Adobe Gamma, any tips?
(Like squinting your eyes)!!!

More about : monitor calibration

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
December 19, 2004 9:59:50 PM

I thought Wiziwyg was a little better

http://www.praxisoft.com/pages/products.wiziwyg.html

"A" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is it just me, or is Adobe Gamma very un-user friendly?
>
> What monitor calibration do you use? And if it is Adobe Gamma, any
> tips?
> (Like squinting your eyes)!!!

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
December 19, 2004 10:25:05 PM

The Gamma applet is not much better than no calibration.
If your are serious about color management you have to invest in a device
like the Spyder.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
December 20, 2004 5:22:24 PM

Kibo informs me that "A" <nospam@nospam.com> stated that:

>Is it just me, or is Adobe Gamma very un-user friendly?

It's also not very useful, but slightly better than nothing at all.

>What monitor calibration do you use? And if it is Adobe Gamma, any tips?
>(Like squinting your eyes)!!!

I use Colorvision OptiCal + Spyder.