600-700$ Gaming Build (Very new to CPU building)

emanc93

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next month

BUDGET RANGE: 600-700$

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Internet surfing, playing videos,

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg.com, any other site with reliable recommendation

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: None

OVERCLOCKING: ??? Please explain

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: ???? Please explain

MONITOR RESOLUTION: I do not have a monitor, I just own a laptop right now.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: It would be great if someone could help guide me through the decision-making process. I just feel overwhelmed with the tech-lingo used to decide on parts. If someone could help tell me what parts are compatible with each other, or just simply give me build that would fit in my budget rang for what I want to do, I would greatly appreciate it.

Solution
Hmm ok $657AR, pick out a wired USB KB+ Mouse and it's all good ^^
Untitled-768.jpg

wolf0x

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Sorry I can't give you everything your looking for here as I am fairly new to building computers as well but I can tell you what overclocking and SLI/Crossfire is.

Overclocking is basically a thing you do to make certain parts of your computer run faster this website does a fantastic job of explaining it http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1804. Although making the parts in your computer run faster may sound good there is risks. For example if you do not take care when overclocking you could damage you computer and reduce it's lifespan and also check to make sure the manufacturer of the parts you will get support overclocking as some do not and this will void there warranty.

SLI/Crossfire - They are basically a technology used in certain Nvidia (SLI) and ATI (Crossfire) graphics cards that allow you to put in more than one graphic card to make your system even more powerful. You can not use different cards of the same brand (Nvidia, ATI) in most cases but there is a few exceptions. You can also use the same card but different memory amounts so say 512mb in one graphics and 1GB in the other although the graphics card with the larger memory will lower the amount of memory it use to equal the other card, in this case 512mb

Hopefully I have cleared up what both of these are and I hope you have fun creating you computer

1. Yes all compatible
2. Keyboard plus mouse
3. Yes all off Newegg.com USA

You are welcomed and happy building/shopping ^^