Information on making Rifle Mods (2+2+x=?)

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Anyone have info or a good URL for making UT sniper rifle mods?

I have looked all over google, but find very little info. I am
looking to make a custom sniper mod that allows the translocator for
my game server. I have seen others like VSKSlayer, and BinSlayer, and
have even messed with unrealed in modifying the properties of these
somewhat.

I am able to make minor mods, so I kind of know just enough to be
dangerous. I am just missing the piece to how the rifle.u file
integrates with the graphics created for it, and where the disable
translocator piece fits in. So I am at 2+2+x=?. I just need a little
help in filling in x to get me going down the path to learning.

Anyone know of some good resources to read about this, or is willing
to send me their rifle mods pieces to work with. I have some education
in programming C and C++, and alot of work with Visual Basic. I
promise I will not plagerize your mod, I just wish to learn if anyone
is willing to send me your rifle mod.

Thanks
Dan

Meltdown

Dan enlightened us with:
> I have looked all over google, but find very little info. I am
> looking to make a custom sniper mod that allows the translocator for
> my game server.

Shouldn't be that hard. Just replace every weapon with a sniper rifle,
except the translocator. Should be just a few lines of code in a single
class.

> I am just missing the piece to how the rifle.u file integrates with
> the graphics created for it, and where the disable translocator piece
> fits in.

Que? What do the graphics have to do with this?

> Anyone know of some good resources to read about this, or is willing
> to send me their rifle mods pieces to work with.

Take a look at the tutorials at http://www.unrealtower.org/ and check
out the resources section in the UT2003 FAQ.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ok, I looked at your link and did not see much obvious short of spending
another five hours looking for stuff.

First, I am looking for UT not UT2003. If you could be more specific to a
link???

Second, yes graphics. You can skin the sniper rifle. You just need to
have the right skin. Lots of Admins have custom skins for their Sniper
Arenas, but I have yet to find anyone willing to share their process.

Today I developed the Botpack.SniperRifle and SniperArena, modified and
compiled it to include the ability to use the transloctor and even
modified the crosshairs. So I now have close to what I want, short of
skinning the Sniper Rifle in somethng else other than the default black.

So if anyone has any thoughts or a template skin, I would be appreciative.

Thanks
Dan

TRENDING THREADS