Which would u prefer?

karthik_11

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
1 )INTEL DH55TC HDMI MOTHERBOARD

2 )GIGABYTE H55M-S2 MOTHERBOARD

which is better in terms of performance and feautures and also build quality?

please reply or just tell the no whether 1 or 2 tat is enough

Lay off the glue dude, that's not even the right socket. :sarcastic:

C

Can I ask why you want 1156 motherboard? There is a better, newer socket out now, s1155. If your not overclocking you should look at H61/H67 chipset motherboards.

If you already have the s1156 cpu, I would pick the Gigabyte.

coreydmorton

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011

Actually, i never clued in to the fact that he was upgrading, i thought he was just buying a motherboard WITH a new cpu. Not sure why i assumed that.

Umm....errr. what?

Maybe he is buying a motherboard with a new cpu. Whether he is or isn't, why would you post a link to a discontinued motherboard with a discontinued socket?? :hello:

coreydmorton

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011

I think i posted the wrong motherboard haha woops thanks for the correction.

karthik_11

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
guys its a replacement motherboard,,, The intel board seem to have a lot of problems especially the dh55tc so the guys informed me tat the gb board would be fine but will perform a little less than dh55tc .. is it true or both have same performance?

4745454b

Titan
Judging by the model number, they both use the same H55 chipset. Performance should be close to identical. (same chipset benchmarks I've seen usually show a 1-3% difference.) What is usually the case is that Intel locks their bios so that you can't OC. This isn't a factor as you can't OC the bus anymore and have to use a K series chip. IF the intel board does have issues, you should get the Gigabyte board. But there shouldn't be a performance difference.